“Nice business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Nice business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Boston is a great city and the Intercontinental is in a good location. It's a short walk to Fanuel Hall and was about 1 mile away from the Boston Garden for the Celtics or Bruins games.

The room was very comfortable. My favorite part was the long deep bath tub. The bed and amenities were nice, but nothing that made it really stand out.

This was a very nice hotel that met my expectations and I would happily stay here again, but it didn't have anything to make it truly memorable.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Travelers804,

Thank you for reviewing InterContinental Boston! We appreciate your detailed review and I’m glad that we were able to meet your expectations; I hope that we exceed them on your next visit!

Ian Pullan
InterContinental® Boston
Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Polish first
Berlin, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I booked this hotel to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday in style, I was not dissapointed. I booked the club level and it was beyond my expectations. The breakfast was wonderful, snacks were great, and the evening apps and drinks were the best, Its nice to have a couple of glasses of wine and nibble some cheese before going out to dinner, which we didn't even have to if we didn't want to because of all the food they had. Humberto was the best, he greeted us when we entered the hotel and every day made sure we were taken care of, he even sent up complimentary champaign and cheese for my husbands birthday. Charlie in the consierge was also great giving us snacks to take on the road for us, some other reviews said the location was not great, we did not feel this at all, it was a 5 minute walk to quincy market or boston common,10 tho the north end which was perfect for us. we had a wonderful time, and can't wait to go back! We were in room 1233 with a corner view of the city, very nice, the window over the bed into the bathroom thing, I didn't really get, unless you want to look at the view from the bathtub, but then they should have closed in the tolet. It didn't take away from anything, just made us think. All in all a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We decided to spend a night in Boston instead of heading out of state on Veteran's Day Weekend. I used points to book a room and visitied with my two children and husband. Ordinarily I probably would have gone with a more traditional hotel in Boston but because I had points decided on the Intercontinental. We had a wonderful experience and really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is beautiful and being right on the harborwalk was great. We visited Fanueil Hall, the aquarium, the North End for Dinner and then walked the entire Freedom Trail the next day. The location could not have been bettter. The water shuttle from Charlestown was very convenient. Also, the pool and spa were absolutely stunning. The kids loved swimming in the pool and we found the gym to be terrific. My only negative was the cost of parking. There are many garages around that charge much less.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Had an excellent experience planning at event at RumBa Rum & Champagne Bar in the Intercontinental Hotel in Boston. I worked with Allison Neves, the Food & Beverage Events an Promotion Manager. She was excellent to work with. Very responsive, very friendly and very accommodating. My non-profit organization that I plan events for work with many venues in Boston and I highly recommend this venue as the event turned out beautifully. We had about 65 attendees and they provided delicious food - Tomato Bruschetta, Tuna Melt Sliders, Hummus, Babagnoush, Tapenade and amazing Mini Flat Bread pizza bites. The food was setup before we arrived and displayed beautifully. To keep the food warm and fresh they replenished throughout the evening. Guests were impressed with the space of the event with a fireplace and open layout where you could see movement of people in the surrounding bar and restaurant and large tall windows with views of the waterside. Guests were impressed with the drink menu with a large variety of champagne and cocktails including unique rum and champagne cocktails. We had a private bartenders and a cocktail waitress who provided excellent service. Overall amazing event with nothing but excellent feedback from the guests. We hope to make this an annual event at RumBa! We also hope to continue to plan events at Intercontinental Hotel. They have an excellent outdoor patio bar in the summer time with a great professional crowd after work on weekdays.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I recently stayed here with a friend of mine and have nothing but positive things to say! It is a wonderful property - a perfect balance of elegant and chic. Everyone from the bell men, to the front desk, to the housekeeping team, to the folks in the restaurant, everyone I encountered was an absolute pleasure and made my day better. I'd recommend this property time and time again! Good work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a phenomenal stay at this hotel over the weekend. Everything was perfect – location, service, comfort, attention to detail and hospitality. We loved the cocktails at RumBa and enjoyed the views of the water from the hotel. It was hard to leave! I would definitely recommend this hotel for a trip to Boston!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.....Comforable, clean, appealing. The staff is spot on, the food excellant.... Nothing is left to the imagination. I can hardly wait for my next trip to Boston's best hotel!!!

Room Tip: Share your needs with the front dest, and they will find the right floor and room for you!