I think i got off on the wrong foot with this place when i checked in... the lady behind the counter confirmed my booking as an executive room with ocean view (or wording that was something similar), then in the next breath said there were none of these rooms avaible so she would move me to the "city side".. I can say i honestly didnt care until she made the point of reading out what i had booked and then straight away saying she couldnt do that. I immeadiately said i wanted a room to match my booking... just as i was annoyed.. i know thats small but why would you read it out if you couldnt do it ! She then typed for about 5 minutues and finally announced that i could have a room that matched my booking. Upon going to my room i found it had probably the most limited sea view possible in the property !..so yes she won anyway. The motel is obviously quite expensive and i also found it annoying that you had to pay for WiFi !.. you could walk out the place and 5 mins be at the market where it was free !!! I had to get some washing done and one item was misplaced, after about 5 calls to housekeeping over 3 days it was eventually found... apparently my description of a white t shirt with the word Canada in red writing on the front was vague and confusing !
It is in a good spot and the rooms are very good.. just that all the things above annoyed me with a property that is obviously quite expensive.
The bed, bathroom etc are all fantastically comfortable and i am sure most of my frsutrations wouldnt occur to other guests... except the WiFi ... seriously this should be free !
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Boston Hotel
- Intercontinental Boston Hotel Boston
- Boston Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the very spot where a late-night tea party ignited the American Revolution, InterContinental Boston puts you at the heart of history in ultra-modern style. Adjacent to the Financial District, our gleaming glass towers are a short walk from Faneuil Hall, Back Bay, Chinatown, Beacon Hill and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.