All you would expect from this brand hotel, great service, wonderful staff, etc. except for a few minor items and one major complaint.
1. The major complaint is the fire department is literally across the street. Great to know if we catch on fire, but terrible if you're trying to sleep! The sirens are loud of course, and the sound echos around the other buildings, which does not make for restful sleep. I am not a very light sleeper, but I was woken up four times my first night. I asked for a room on the other side of the building the next morning. They moved me without a problem, but the volume didn't diminish much and I was woken up three times the second night. Thankfully CVS is a short walk away, ear plugs allowed me to sleep uninterrupted the duration of my stay.
2. The beds are hard. Two rooms, four beds, none were comfy. They honestly felt like a $200 mattress with a $50 pillow top cover on top. Not what I was expecting for the price of the rooms.
3. TV was a flat panel, but very small, maybe 32"? I wasnt expecting a 55" but again, for the price of the room 42" would be more appropriate.
4. Rooms were nicely done, odd to see two full beds in each versus the traditional queens, ask for a king if you're coming with a significant other.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Boston Hotel
- Intercontinental Boston Hotel Boston
- Boston Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the very spot where a late-night tea party ignited the American Revolution, InterContinental Boston puts you at the heart of history in ultra-modern style. Adjacent to the Financial District, our gleaming glass towers are a short walk from Faneuil Hall, Back Bay, Chinatown, Beacon Hill and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.