“Excellent experience for special occasion” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorellina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dartmouth
Description: Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent experience for special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Most enjoyable experience for a special occasion (our daughter's birthday). Wait staff very knowledgeable and respectful of a small family dinner. Did not rush us but were most appropriately available to us. Veal was perfectly prepared and the most flavor I have experienced. We did have the oysters with key lime, although it was very good, the key lime did overpower the very tasty oysters. Others had salmon, halibut and lamb shank, everyone was exceptionally satisfied with their entries.

Well worth the visit!

New York City
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Pricey but worth it! Great waiter Thomas was friendly and knowledgeable. Beautifully decorated, large and airy. They don't rush u. I had the short ribs which were the special. Delicious. Would definitely go back again.

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Far exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Sorellina has been on my "must try" list for years, and i finally got a chance to try it for Dining Out Boston, and it was outstanding.

The space is gorgeous, modern and refined (My partner said "This is place so NOT Boston...") Right down the the chargers on the table when you are seated (a black tree on white), everything is very nicely done.

While our server was just slightly slow, he was adequately friendly. There were a couple times i said to myself "where's our waiter." He also didn't put in an order for a side of broccoli rabe (it wasn't on our bill either), and annoyingly left my (unused) wineglass through most of the meal - only towards the end did a busboy take it away. Otherwise the service was great from the runners and busboys: water refilled, plates only taken away after we both had finished, etc.

I had a cavatelli with peas and lamb appetizer and it was satisfying and rich. My partner has the zuppa of parsnip, ramp – spring onion pesto, guanciale (basically pork cheak bacon) and he liked it, My main was the rib eye which was perfectly charred on the outside, seasoned well, and the portion was quite big. There could have been more veggies on the side, but the slab of meat made up for it. My partner had the Giannone farms chicken with confit, over whipped potatoes, and it was perfectly cooked and juicy,

The desserts (Panacotta and Limone) were fine. I consider that disposable part of the dining out prixe fixe.

The takeaway is that this place really impressed me, and in fact despite a few missed opportunities with service, the food and atmosphere so exceeded my expectations, I'm not marking off for that.

I like it so much so that i'd come back gladly at full price. It's definitely a splurge-worthy kind of place for special occasions, but might be my new favorite anniversary and birthday go-to place.

One of the better meals I've had in Boston,.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place - perfect food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great place for dinner. My second time here. First time was so good, so I decided to wait to my second visit for writing the review.
Good place - perfect food - excellent service - fair value for money.
Go there - no doubt.

San Antonio, Texas
“Enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great location in Back Bay area. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Service was friendly and helpful. All of our party enjoyed the food, especially the pasta.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Sorellina? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sorellina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.