“Delicious Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorellina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,854 Restaurants in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dartmouth
Description: Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.
Cape Cod
“Delicious Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My daughter chose Sorellina after reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor, so we were very excited to go. We had a great table, and as soon as we sat down, the service began! This is an upscale restaurant, very chic, with great atmosphere and service. We shared a few appetizers, and our dinners were delicious. The presentation of the food was amazing. Our waiter suggested a few of the drink specials, and he was spot on...they were delicious too! I can't think of one negative thing to say about this restaurant!

To sum it up, we had a great meal at a great restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food and gorgeous restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Delicious food and gorgeous restaurant. For a special night out, this place is a must. The truffle fries are to die for!

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited Sorellina for the first time last night and was very impressed. This upscale restaurant has a great vibe, beautiful decor and while it's certainly romantic, it also has a hint of Miami. I loved that they had music playing during dinner as well. Our server could not have been nicer or more attentive. I probably had one of my top ten meals here. We started with the tuna appetizer followed by the gnocchi and lobster which was surprisingly light and so flavorful. The highlight of our meal was the scallops which were cooked to perfection and literally melted in my mouth. The courses were perfectly timed. We didn't have dessert but did receive 2 chocolates with our bill that were perfect. I can't wait to come back here and would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.

Visited July 2013
Corralitos, California
“Buttery heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was the best meal in 2 weeks in Boston. I agree w/ another review that this isn't an "Italian restaurant," maybe "Italian inspired" is more accurate... maybe a little pretentious, but rather I'd say upscale and thoughtfully designed... and have to add "delicious" too. I started w/ oysters, lovely crisp flavor, intriguing use of a lemon ice. My wife had beet "salad" which was an arrangement of gorgeous beets w/ a few other bits.

Next she had the wagyu meatballs based on comments from many other reviewers - totally fabulous. Hand made pasta, intense jus reduction, and meaty rich meatballs.

I had the gnocchi w lobster, and I am tempted to fly back to Boston to have it again. May be the best gnocchi I've ever eaten, light, tender, flavorful... and the lobster drenched in butter... wow. Ok, unless you've got a frequent-flyer card w/ the cardiologist, probably better save this for special occasions...

The tastes lingering from our pasta was so pleasing, we decided no dessert. Great meal. All in, price was around $60 pp + wine.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newberry, Florida
“More Than Your Grandma's Red Sauce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I enjoyed my meal at Sorellina in Boston from the beginning to the end. The atmosphere was nice and cozy for such a large room. The wait staff was very accommodating. After hearing the specials, I began my meal with Sorellina's version of a Ceasar Salad without the anchovy. I received a plate with fresh crisp romaine leaves each lightly coated with dressing resting under a long, thin, airy crouton. It was a wonderful way to start my meal. My entree was actually the appetizer special Ricotta Gnudi with morel mushrooms and a truffle butter sauce. The Gnudi dumplings melted in my mouth and the mushrooms and butter sauce were full of flavor. My dessert continued to impress me, Cioccolato a warm molten chocolate cake with Madagascar bourbon vanilla bean gelato. It was a heavenly way to end my meal.

• Visited June 2013