“Lovely restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sorellina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,670 Restaurants in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dartmouth
Description: Contemporary Italian-Mediterranean cuisine served in an upbeat and sophisticated environment by a staff intent on providing you with a truly memorable dining experience. Sorellina, the 'kid sister' of acclaimed Chef Jamie Mammano's Mistral provides an intense look at regional Italian food with a modern twist. Sorellina's wine list focuses on some hidden Italian gems paired with an international selection creating an effortless opportunity to explore the unknown. The warm-modern design intertwined with the glow of the back wall mural and the floor to ceiling windows are a visually stunning combination.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a fabulous meal here with my boss. I had Filet Mignon and it literally melted in my mouth. My boss had the meatballs which I'm assured were equally amazing. It wasn't particularly cheap but neither was it over-priced. Staff were very friendly and attentive and the restaurant itself felt quite opulent but unpretentious. I watched the movie 'Ted' when I returned to the UK and it turns out they filmed a scene in the restaurant!

Visited February 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't go Restaurant Week”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We made reservations for this pricey establishment knowing that it got great reviews. After a cheerful waiter took our 3 course order and brought drinks, the food came in rapid succession without a breather between courses. The staff looked like they were practically running from table to table. Food was good (not great) as were the drinks and wine. When we expressed an interest in the after dinner drink menu and coffee, our waiter was a bit taken aback! Nevertheless, we paid our bill and left after just an hour! Not your traditional, relaxing Italian meal. If the purpose of restaurant week is to introduce new diners so that they return, it didn't work for us! Although,I am sure it deserves it's rating, don't go during restaurant week.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chester, New Hampshire
“Excellent dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was one of the best meals I have had in Boston. I had halibut that was cooked perfectly and tasted fresh. The eggplant rolatini was a burst of complex favors and textures that were fantastic. Wear at least slacks and a nice sweater and no sneakers. The tables are not as cramped as other Boston locations and give you a sense of privacy.

Boston
“Sophisticated, energetic and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I went to Sorellina to celebrate our anniversary this past January. It was our first visit to Sorellina, but it will definitely not be our last.

The restaurant is located near Copley square on Huntington near the ramp to the Mass Pike. Its not the most scenic spot in the city from the outside, but once we went inside, the ambience and decor really set a great tone; modern, urban, stylish and sophisticated.

We were greeted warmly by the hostess when we arrived. The restaurant was busy, there was a great buzz and a lot of energy; the diners seemed to be a relatively young crowd (I'd estimate the average age at 28 - we are in our 50's). There was a short wait for our table, so we got a drink and since the bar was crowded, we waited at the front of the restaurant. The hostess kept great tabs on us and let us know that our table was being set-up, and soon enough we were soon seated at a nice table.

Our server was excellent, very knowledgable about wine pairing, and attentive to us. I wish I could remember the all the details of what we ordered, but it was a few months ago; I do remember that we ordered mostly from the specials of the day, and every course was really delicious - even the bread they served was fresh and tasty. I believe I had a spicy octopus salad and we had some truffle fries - wow! I had to restrain myself from eating too fast because each bite was a real pleasure and I couldn't wait to have the next.

Even though the restaurant was busy, it was a really fun and romantic dinner; something about the decor and the energy made us feel both connected to "the scene" and alone at the same time. I would like to go again when it is a little less busy; I imagine it would be a very intimate experience.

We felt that the price, though not cheap, was reasonable in comparison with other good restaurants in the city. We were given great service and creative, delicious food in an stylish atmosphere - and we have paid a lot more for much less elsewhere. If you are looking for a vibrant and sophisticated atmosphere with delicious food and fine service you should consider Sorellina. I am very much looking forward to a return visit.

• Visited January 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had a lovely meal at Sorellina. My endive salad was well flavored with Gorgonzola, apples, and candied walnuts. My partner enjoyed oysters on lemon ice and horseradish. The gnocchi was a delicious main dish and satisfied my desire for lobster. My partner would not let the broth go back without having some with bread. His veal saltimboca was also excellent. The restaurant seemed to strive to be a little more formal than some places we had eaten, but most of the gentlemen had removed their jackets and were eating in shirt sleeves. My bonet cinnamon custard was a lovely finish.