“Beautiful Building, Great Venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cutler Majestic Theatre at Emerson College

Cutler Majestic Theatre at Emerson College
219 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116-4717 (Downtown)
800-233-3123
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #96 of 206 attractions in Boston
Type: Theaters, Performances
Attraction Details
Boston
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Building, Great Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned from a private event sponsored by Mr. Cutler. The architecture inside is just beautiful and very well cared for (it's a vary old building). The seats are good sized and spaced comfortably (unlike the Colonial Theatre), the acoustics are great as is the view (and we were in the last row, Orchestra).

Visited July 2013

New York City, New York
316 attraction reviews
“When they say "Majestic" they are not kidding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been to Cutler Majestic Theater a few times for opera performances as part of the Boston Early Music Festival. The interior decoration is indeed majestic, and it is a great venue for opera performances. My wife and I have sat in the Balcony on the two most recent occasions, in the first row, and had a great view not just of the stage, but also down into the orchestra pit (such as it is - there isn't really a pit, the orchestra just sets up in front of the stage). Three weeks ago we attended Handel's Almiria, once again the feature opera of the Boston Early Music Festival.

They have supertitles above the stage which is great - with a glance you can take in what is being said, and then focus your attention on the singers and the staging. A great place for these early operas!

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
316 attraction reviews
“A wonderful venue for opera!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been to Cutler Majestic Theatre a couple of times to see/hear Baroque opera as part of the Boston Early Music Festival, and it is a great place to showcase all the wonderful music and inventive staging of these events!

Most recently, I sat in the first row of the Balcony, and I not only had a perfect view of the stage - I could also peek down into the orchestra pit and see the musicians performing with gusto and obvious enjoyment at plying their craft. My wife had never heard a Baroque opera live before, and she became an instant big fan of the genre. We will be back at Cutler this June for the BEMF production of Handel's Almira, his earliest surviving opera, and we can't wait!

Visited June 2012
Salem, NH
30 attraction reviews
“Best show I have seen!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family of 4 (hubby and I and 2 late teen sons) purchased tickets to the Culter Majestic for the Sequence 8 show, an acrobatic troupefrom Canada. Our older son is a sophmore at a Boston college and I wanted to enjoy a family day in town. I was hopeful everyone would enjoy this production after I saw an ad for this show on TV. This theatre is magnificent, rich details and comfortable seats. I can't imagine there is a bad seat in the house for any show and we will definitely be coming back for more shows in the future. I will be looking into becoming a member of this beautiful theatre, so I know that will keep us coming back and enjoy the membership discounts. I highly recommend this venue for your next night out. I just wish we had seen Sequence 8 earlier in their run as we would have come back with friends for them to enjoy the artistry of this troupe.

Visited October 2012
Santa Cruz, California, United States
8 attraction reviews
“If you love performance...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I love to support artists coming into their own in their educational experience and this is a fantastic place to do that! Love the bar across the street where the performers often end up after the show. Beautiful Theater.

Visited January 2012