“Great Hotel Confusing parking” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Randolph, New Jersey, United States
“Great Hotel Confusing parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went up here for a weekend to meet up with some friends. The rooms were really nice and close to were we wanted to be. The in hotel resturant was expensive but thats to be expected. The only con was the parking. As we pulled up to the hotel we were directed to the valet line. I asked if there was self parking (valet was 45 $ a day and when we booked we were told we had free parking) I asked the check in desk about it and they said that there was none but when we mentioned it to a hotel manager that we were specifically told free parking (3 days there so it would have added up) he told us about how to park so it was not charged. Other then that really friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm not quite sure who indicated there was free parking since the parking garage is a separate entity from the hotel and they determine the parking prices. There is however, metered parking on the public streets surrounding the hotel. I do apologize for the confusion this caused. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Boston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Westin during a conference and expected a high class hotel (I think that is fair to expect at 400dollars per night). The location of the Westin is ok-not in the middle of life but Boston downtown is walk-able. Rooms are also comfy-very cozy beds. The service in the hitel though was below standard-no option to book breakfast (which was NOT included at 400dollars per night!!!), the room was not cleaned every day (I had to ask fir that), and no option to check out half an hour after normal check out time.
I liked my stay at the westin-but there is clearly no correlation between how much I paid, and the experienced service.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While I was disappointed to read your comments we do appreciate the feedback and and your review will allow us to improve upon our services where necessary.
Glen Rock, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great location. Bathroom was dirty on arrival to room, but a call to the front desk resolved that. Concierge was very helpful, and friendly! Many services offered right in hotel. Trolley tour picks up right in front of hotel for a complete tour of Boston.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin Boston Waterfront which is located in the Seaport district of Boston. Just far enough away from downtown that it is a bit inconvenient unless you are attending an event at the Boston Convention Center (which I wasn't). The hotel is quite new, rooms are spacious and clean and the lobby is bustling with the business center, bar and convention goers on their laptops. My business and interests are closer to Back Bay and Copley Square so I wouldn't choose this property again for that reason but it is a nice property that is connected to the convention center.

Room Tip: Face downtown Boston on a high floor (above the height of the convention center)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review of our property. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future to enjoy the up and coming Seaport District.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

James the Valet at the Westin Boston Waterfront hotel was the most friendly and helpful man. He has a great attitude and personality. It was a pleasure meeting him. James really took care of my wheels. Thanks, John

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for recognizing James. He has been with us for some time now and we are grateful to have him on our team. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.
Sussex, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This large hotel/conference centre is clearly aimed AT the conference market - in particular, with guys in mind. The huge, modern lobby boasts a massive bar/sports bar/cafe area in the middle, and an Irish "pub" to one side. As I walked through, I saw lots of guys watching sports in the bar, and another group carrying off six-packs (the beer variety). There's a little gift shop near the elevators which has quite a comprehensive stock, which does not include milk, staffed by disengaged and not particularly helpful employees.
Reception staff were nice, and very helpful, but queues/lines built up very quickly, as the desks are the modern , individual type that Westin usually have.
Rooms were the usual Westin high standard, although not many amenities in the bathroom - however, they had, as always, their lovely leaf soap bars. The shower was the downpour type and was superb, with separate hand held shower head If I remember correctly.
Very noisy. Large groups of guys, shouting and talking loudly before 9am and after 4pm, in the corridors (probably before/after conferences, I guess), and the walls were so thin, I was actually awoken in the middle of the night by a guest snoring in an adjacent room - without having the satisfaction of being able to whack him like I can my own husband, I had to resort to earplugs, which still didn't drown out the noise completely. Worst of all, came the impossible to ignore sounds of other guests, from whom I am guessing from the performance given, were not previously acquainted with one another before this particular evening. So by now, you are getting the gist of the type of clientele this hotel attracts!
It is a good 20 minute walk into the city centre/downtown, and the local train - which is three stops into town, including one change, is an eye-wateringly TEN dollars' return!!! more expensive than London, UK underground - and that's saying something!
Overall, if you are a young guy who loves a beer and a good time, I think this hotel would definitely fit the bill, in every way.... or maybe, a single woman, ha! ha! If you're hoping for a quiet hotel, with easy access to the town centre, look elsewhere. Very convenient for the airport, as only about ten minutes' away - along with that, comes some aircraft noise as well.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Trip Advisor is a wonderful for people to voice their opinions and we appreciate your feedback.
Coastal Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My son and I went here for a little vacation over Labor Day weekend. All of the hotels within easy walking distance of downtown were taken so we opted to stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. The hotel itself was very nice with pretty landscaping, ample parking and a large lobby. Our room was very clean with extremely comfortable beds. The bathroom was not huge but met our needs and had a wonderful Kohler rain shower with handheld and a bathrobe for use during our stay. We are SPG Gold members so received internet for free, otherwise there is a charge (which I find extremely annoying). The only other thing I found annoying was that there was an old minibar fridge in the room that didn't work so I had to call down for a small frig to keep snacks and drings cold. After the second call one was delivered for us to use during our stay. As far as amenities are concerned we utilized the pool and the restaurant. The pool was nicely sized and never very busy. The hot tub is attached so you can literally lean over the edge of it into the pool, which my son liked. We ate dinner at M.J. O'Connor's both nights of our stay and were very pleased with everything about those experiences. The service was friendly and efficient and the food was very good at a reasonable price given that this is Boston. The only cons about this hotel are 1) parking, 2) breakfast and 3) location. The parking garage is large enough and we easily found a spot to park but it is under the hotel and a bit sketchy feeling for a mom and her 9-year-old son. Thankfully we parked during the day and never had to revisit the parking garage until the morning we departed. Breakfast was ridiculously priced in both the other restaurant "Sauciety" and room service. Prices were just exorbitant. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby but it was always so busy we didn't want to bother with the wait. We ended up walking into town and getting something to eat at Quincy Market. Lastly, the location isn't ideal. There is a T within a short 3-4 minute walk from the hotel but it is the silver line, which requires several transfers to get downtown. A definite option when the weather is inclement but we chose to walk - and walk we did. It is probably a 20 minute walk to the aquarium area but it was a gorgeous weekend so it was ok. There are several restaurants within a ten-minute walk but to actually be downtown near Quincy Market and other attractions be prepared to walk a bit longer.

All-in-all I would return if we were flying out or taking a cruise (you can see the cruise ships from the hotel room windows) but would rather stay closer to town if that were an option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time post your review. We do appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Been to The Westin Boston Waterfront? Share your experiences!