For me it is always about location. I need stuff near me. This hotel is really out on the edge for me in the waterfront area. I really didn't like the location at all. I asked one of the staff what was there to do near the hotel. NOTHING was the reply.
There was a convention going on in the hotel so the public areas were very crowded. Also because of this convention there was no buffet breakfast available ??? We opted to venture into Boston instead of going down the a la carte route. Nor we're we going to have room service with a $4 service charge 18% gratuity and local taxes thrown on top of that. You really are limited in this location as there are no eateries around. If you walk for about 20/25 minutes you hit Boston proper. Lots of places to eat there.
Also you will come across a huge Macy's. Remember if you are a non American go to the visitors centre and show either a passport or drivers licence to get your 10% discount card.
Anyhow all in all the staff are pleasant. The gym is small but good equipment. Nice pool also. The housekeeping staff are a bit loud and chatty as they go about their work and I kept hearing flushing toilets for some reason. The let down for me though is I really didn't like the area.$15 dollars in a cab to downtown Boston we were told by the doorman. Ok walk in the summer sun but in the cold and certainly at night I wouldn't walk around.
On the other side of the bridge is the local underground system ( the T ). If you need it.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel Boston
- The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel
- Westin Hotel Boston
- Westin Boston
- Westin Boston Waterfront
- Boston Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel is located in in the waterfront area of this historic city. We offer convenient access to the Airport with plenty of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, HotelsClick, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Boston Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.