“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 77 hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Westin to celebrate our anniversary. Loved it! The staff is very courteous, the place is in a perfect location...not far from all the eateries. The only thing is there's no waterfront.... The only view we had was of buildings but if your floor is high enough and you'll be able to see the water in the distance. Also, the bathroom wall could have used a good cleaning. Other than that great place.

• Stayed June 2013
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was very happy to read you had a great stay. I will share your comments regarding the guest bathroom with our Housekeeping staff. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

1,345 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is what you would expect from a business hotel: spacious room, well equipped, good internet, and next to the convention center (which is the reason why I think most guests would choose this hotel). It is a bit away from the city center (20 mins walk to financial center). Friendly service by hotel staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review. I was delighted to read that your stay was enjoyable. We hope you will consider The Westin Boston Waterfront for your next trip to Boston.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I found this hotel to be comfortable, and quiet in my room. The rooms are standard hotel rooms with a couple nice upgrades. The king bed I had was outstanding, the shower although was a standard tub set up.. had a very nice rain shower head, and a very convenient hand held nozzle as well.
If there was any downside it was the furniture in the room.. The desk chair was very low and could not be raised, and the chair to relax on was very uncomfortable.

overall.. would I book again.. yes no issue

Room Tip: Not sure.. I asked for a room high up and I got one on the 5th floor overlooking the air-conditionin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments you had and look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our great city.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Westin is close to great restaurants, Bank of America Pavillion, the Mass. Turnpike, and the harbor. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. Very comfortable beds. We ate at the hotel restaurant, which was fairly reasonable with good food. The drinks were super expensive, though. We did not have breakfast at the hotel either because we were entertaining our grandchildren and the cost of breakfast was prohibitive for all of us. This hotel is recommended if you are looking for a place that's attractive and close to the harbor and near an area that is developing some interesting nearby restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful comments you had for our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Boston.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. I've stayed at several other Starwood properties in Boston, and was looking forward to the stay. I had a number of positive and negative experiences at this hotel, resulting in a very average stay.

On the positives, the hotel is new, has a very spacious lobby, and service at check-in was friendly. I had forgotten my phone charger and they gladly charged my phone for me at reception, which I appreciated. It's a short drive from Logan airport, which is convenient. The room was fine, nothing fancy, but standard.

One of the lamps in the room, however, was not working. Also, the water pressure in the bathroom sink was very weak, unusually so. Finally, I had asked for berries with ice cream for room service, and only the ice cream arrived. It took at least another 15 minutes for the server to come back with the berries. None of these are big issues, but I didn't feel they have it together in terms of attention to detail.

I may try this hotel again, but would give it a second thought before I book again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review. I shall pass along your comments about the missing berries in your ice cream to our Culinary Team for future reference. Your feedback is appreciated and w\e hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Boston.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a pretty average Westin -- clean, but clearly the type of place that is used to convention-goers, not leisure travelers looked for top service. I visited Boston for my birthday and found this place to be convenient for our plans. I didn't have any issues during my stay. The room was clean and decor was up to date. If I were being nitpicky, the shower had weak water pressure and cheap toiletries.
Unfortunately, I stupidly forgot a dress in my room -- a black long-sleeved dress that I'd received as a birthday present from my boyfriend that weekend and had been pining after for months. I realized it as soon as I arrived home, a few hours after checking out, and called the hotel. Anthony in the hotel security's Lost & Found dept was very helpful, promising to check the room. It was occupied at the time and he agreed to call me back once the person had checked out. I asked him to check on the room before the guest had left and he agreed to.
The next day he called me and told me that the dress was not in the drawer where I'd left it and that the guest who had checked out was a male who wouldn't have had any interest in taking the dress. He said housekeeping hadn't turned anything in either. I don't know who took the dress and I want to give benefit of the doubt, but if it was housekeeping, I'm sorry I left a generous tip.I understand it was my fault for forgetting the dress and I'm kicking myself for it. However, the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Although we did follow the Lost and Found procedures within our Housekeeping and Security Departments, it is most unfortunate that we were unable to locate your dress. I'm happy that your stay was enjoyable otherwise and thank you for the feedback.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a large commercial hotel with most guests attending some sort of conferences, either at the hotel or at the adjacent convention center. The other type of guests is airline crews because of its close proximity to the airport. The hotel management seems to be primarily focused on getting the bulk of business from those types of travelers. Few vacationers or family travelers check into this hotel because of its business / conference focus and inconvenient location for transportation and tourist attractions.

As part of the Westin chain, you'll get all the standard Westin features including the "heavenly bed and bath". I do love the shower head but don't quite like the bed - it's supposed to provide comfort, but the duvet is way too thick for the summer! The room temperature has to be turned way down to get into sleep without sweating, and the cool room air contrasts the warmth of the bed too much to be comfortable.

The hotel also seems to be "optimizing" certain amenities - the business center has been "optimized" away, which sounds odd for a business oriented hotel. There are a few computers and printers in the lobby area but can only be used to print boarding pass. The hotel staff told me to go to Kinko's to print any other material. In the room, there is no hotel service directory book and only a room service menu.

The general hotel staff is pleasantly friendly and trying to help, but the large-commercial hotel management style gets into the way in cases. I had tried to book the room at the conference rate but was out of the rate for one of the nights. I asked for a rate adjustment but the management did not budge even though there was room available. I ended up having to stay at another hotel for one night.

Given the mixed experience I rated it a 3 star.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience. Trip Advisor is a wonderful tool for people to voice their opinions and we are grateful for the feedback you provided. I hope you will consider The Westin Boston Waterfront in the future.

Been to The Westin Boston Waterfront? Share your experiences!