“Best place to stay for a conference” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #40 of 77 hotels in Boston
Oakville, Canada
“Best place to stay for a conference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Its the best place to stay for a conference because it is connected to the convention centre, which is great. For the first two nights of the conference, I was unable to book a room here, so I stayed at the Intercontinental (about a 15 minute walk) before changing hotels to be at the Westin Boston Waterfront.

I must say, I was pretty disappointed. The lobby, meeting spaces, and hotel restaurants are amazing, but the hotel rooms are quite disappointing. They really need to be renovated. The Intercontinental rooms are absolutely beautiful and cost less (about $10 less a night, but still). Also, the Intercontinental included in-room wireless, unlike the Westin, unless you were Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest (I am a SPG member, but not Platinum). The staff are nice, but don't necessarily go above on beyond to create "guest experience".

If you're coming here for a conference, then this place is great, and again, its beautiful as a hotel, but the rooms, they need a face lift, for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

1,421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

From beginning to end top notch! From being greeted at the curb upon our arrival, to the checking out process, we were treated with the best of service. We booked online for the Boston Marathon at the last minute, not knowing what are accommodations would be like, definitley a must stay again!! Beautiful hotel, nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff! The cleaning staff was very good with accommodating our requests as well. I would recommend to anyone staying in Boston. The location is close to restaurants by the harbor, close to the subway system, and a taxi was always waiting and available. We will be back!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the fantastic review. I was thrilled to read your comments and we could not be happier that you mentioned staying with us again in the future. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.
Surrey, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The Westin Boston Waterfront is ideally situated for the next door conference centre. As you would expect with a Westin, rooms are modern and comfortable. Not much in the way of views, this hotel is primarily a conference hotel. During our conference the breakfast often required a considerable wait for a table and the on site Starbucks would run out of some items during the breakfast rush. Bars were vibrant and well staffed. The Westin Boston Waterfront could be recommended, particularly if you are attending an event at the conference centre.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to read that your stay was enjoyable. I have shared your comments concerning breakfast and Starbucks with our culinary team for future consideration. We hope you will consider staying with us for your next visit.
Milford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Boston Waterfront from April 3, 2013 to April 7, 2013 with The Eastern Area Links, Incorporated Conference. We were extremely please with the hotel, the front desk, the concierge, security and all of the other hotel staff. In all cases the staff was always courteous, professional, friendly, and accommodating; just plain nice.

In particular, kudos to the Security Staff. One day my husband left his eye glasses in the restaurant and, when he checked with he concierge, Security was connected and his glasses were retrieved. When we arrived home, we discovered that my bag with all of my jewelry was left in the garage. However, when we checked the caller ID, the hotel Security had already called. We spoke with Scott Regan and he was absolutely helpful and professional and he arranged to have the bag shipped to us via FedEx. We received the bag the following day. We truly appreciate Scott’s efforts and competence.

The Westin Boston Waterfront’s management and security are exceptional. Thanks to all of you.

Martha

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments you had and for recognizing our hardworking staff. I was thrilled to read about your experience and look forward to hosting you in the future.
Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The people at Westin did everything I could hope for to make my stay a pleasure. I had some Connolis to the room and the staff sent a refrigerator to the room so the Connolis would not get stale. Things like this make for a grat stay. Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to read that your stay was enjoyable and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Westin Waterfront is in such a great location to get anywhere in the city by foot or public transportation. Less than a mile is the South Station where you can get both local and regional transit, Amtrak, subway and buses all leave from this station.

Really the only thing I missed was being able to get a healthy meal there. There was a bar atmosphere restaurant and Starbucks, but getting breakfast or a really great lunch wasn't possible here.

Room Tip: The convention center side of the hotel doesn't offer much of a view, but you are in Boston so y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps you missed some of the amazing restaurants within walking distance of the hotel but I hope you will get to experience them on your next visit.
Fishers, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I travel all over the country running races and I stay at different hotels but this hotel and its staff was unbelievable. The first thing I would suggest anyone do when they go to this hotel is walk directly up to the conceierge desk and ask for Sharon Ash and introduce yourself. She is the light of their hotel ,she goes that extra mile that you dont see anymore without expecting anything in return. She finds solutions to problems and you can see in her eyes and demeanor that she genuiely cares about what she is doing. If you need anything she will get it for you and do it with an amazing smile. I came to run the Boston Marathon,and when I got to the hotel my clothing had been damaged by the TSA,every piece of clothing was ruined, I had nothing, I was tired ,upset and frustrated and hungry. Steve from customer service sent up a gentleman to pick my clothes up and said he was going to have them cleaned and I asked how much that cost,he said to me "sir I will take care of that for you". I went downstairs and Sharon sent me over to her friend at Del Friscos where they treated me like a vip(even though I wasnt). I woke up the next morning in a beautiful hotel with a view,,wondering where my clothes were and what I was going to do. I called downstairs to find them and as I started speaking to Steve, I opened the closet and hung up and pressed was all of my clothing. I was shocked !! I have to say that this hotel is beautiful and clean and the one of the best places I have ever stayed just for the ambiance,however what makes this hotel a 10 is the amazing people that work here. From Steve,to Sharon Ash,to the security that made us feel safe,to even the manager of the restaurant downstairs that ran around trying to find me a blender for my special protien pre -marathon shake,these people are top shelf. Andrea Tidwell the General Manager runs an amazing hotel and I only wish there were more managers and staff like hers in my travels . Thank you Westin Waterfront for such an amazing expierence. I will be back next year to run the 2014 Boston Marathon and yes I will be staying with you.

Best Regards,

Mark Glover

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the fabulous review and for recognizing Sharon and the rest of our amazing staff. We pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service at all times and your comments will serve to show what a great team we have at The Westin Boston Waterfront. We look forward to your visit next year for the best marathon in the word - The Boston Marathon.

Been to The Westin Boston Waterfront? Share your experiences!