“Great for conventions” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 77 hotels in Boston
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Great for conventions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

If you are attending a convention in Boston over at the seaport great hotel., If you are visiting Boston for the sights and historic landmarks, you'll find this hotel out of the way. The hotel is clean and delivers classic Westin amenities, minus an executive lounge.

• Stayed December 2012

1,436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The place is far from what I would expect from a Westin hotel, and this one is no better than an average Sheraton. The location is good in respect of the airport which is only a short journey away, but otherwise I found it awful as there isn't much to do in the near vicinity or walking distance of the hotel. The rooms are okay size wise but apart from the very comfortable bed there was not much else to boast about in the room. The single easy chair was grubby and old. The carpet left a lot to be desired and equally looked grubby. The walls were thin and this was verified by the early morning domestic that erupted in the next room and which continued for a couple of hours and featured jut about every expletive one could imagine. The check-in experience was pathetic and incompetent. The lobby and lounge area was soulless as were most of the staff wondering around. Almost everything requested was received with apathy and a wholesale lack of interest. The lobby has a Starbucks and a bar/restaurant attached to it. There is a huge convention center attached to the hotel which if you are attending will probably be adequate, but apart from that I cannot see any reason why anyone would want to stay there. I thought that the Westin in Toronto was bad but his plumbs the depths further.

• Stayed December 2012
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was very disappointed to read your comments and I'm terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and will be used to improve upon our services in the future.
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a lovely stay at the Westin. The nicest thing about my room was how quiet it was, and I was able to have a really good sleep.

The staff members were very nice, esp. the valet.

Two complaints: I always got lost going to my room. Signage could be better. The other was the price of using a computer in the business center. It's outrageous that you have to pay for that. It seems every hotel in America allows you to have free access to a computer so you can check your e-mail. Not this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments youd had for our property. I was delighted you had a restful sleep. I have also shared your comments regarding signage to your guest room and computer access in the business center with the appropriate Department Heads to take into consideration.

I hope you will consider staying at The Westin Boston Waterfront in the future.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place lives up the standards you expect from a Westin hotel, especially a new Westin. Very comfortable bed, good WiFi in my room, great lobby and lounge area with a Starbucks and an independent bar/restaurant attached to it. The workout room is really good. I enjoyed the state of the art treadmill every morning. The pool looked nice although i didn't try it out. It's attached to the massive convention center so if you are attending an event there this is the place to stay. It's a short taxi ride from the airport, just a few minutes, and an even shorter taxi ride from the Amtrak South Station in Boston's Financial District. On a warm day you could easily walk it. The only downside is there really isn't much to do with in a few block's walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While the South Station T stop is just a 15 minute walk from the hotel and can take you just about anywhere in the city you'ld like to go, we are also fortunate enough to be located in the up and coming Seaport District and there are new restaurant and atttractions popping up within walking distance in addition to current attractions such as the Children's Museum and The Aquarium. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I travel frequently for business. This time I decided to bring my 4 month old baby and mother with me (good luck to anyone else tempting this on a business trip!!). The pure fact that it was my first time traveling for work with a bunch of extra "stuff" made this a challenge and me out of my norm - the hotel was up for it! We were greeted by friendly bellhops, concierge, and a clean room. Not the largest room I've ever had at a Westin, but expected for a city location. We requested a crib and a refrigerator in advance and both were already in the room when we arrived. This alone amazed me! Walking accessibility to the convention center and a Starbucks on the ground level were really convenient. I used the parking garage all week ($35/day) and we walked several times to the waterfront for dinner. We never felt unsafe. Cold, but safe! Bring a wind jacket! All in all, the hotel was great for business and I have no complaints about our accommodations. We ate at the Irish restaurant more than once - good food, decent prices. Had a glass of wine in the main lobby bar (expensive) and the store for bottled water/snacks was over priced as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments you had for our property. We realize you have many hotel choices in Boston and we are thankful that you chose The Westin Boston Waterfront. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip for business and bring your mom and daughter with you again.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Westin Waterfront in Boston is one of my favorites when traveling for business. While it is not in the heart of downtown (so not great for exploring attractions), if you are working in the financial district or have an early morning flight, this is your place. It is a short cab ride from either. It is also a very nice Westin. Not sure how old it is, but it feels like a brand new hotel every time I'm there. And, if you get a room facing downtown, the views of the Boston skyline are great. The rooms are up to Westin quality and the beds are great. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Boston and look forward to my next stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read your comments and your feedback is appreciated. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had a great time in Boston and the hotel was wonderful the rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable, (despite the fact that there was a conference going on while we were there) and we had a lovely view of the harbour. It was close enough to walk to the centre and the trolley bus tour stopped right outside.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your comments and hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Been to The Westin Boston Waterfront? Share your experiences!