“Worth a trip” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Concerts, Performances
30 attraction reviews
“Worth a trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Worth a visit if you have never been. I went to see Tchaikovsky (and some Soviet Era composer that was bad--it was supposed to be weird the booklet said) and it was really fun. Seats were not that uncomfortable--more leg room than other historic halls.
The website is terrible and doesn't send you confirmation emails and/or crashed so I ended up purchasing three sets of tickets. I was able to return them without a problem but was scolded for placing too many orders and when I pointed out that they should send emails so people know their order went through and was told that the website is weird and its still my fault. I ended up with the refund fast and via email so I'm not deducting a star for that.

Visited February 2013

Vermont
5 attraction reviews
“Incredible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The building is absolutely beautiful, the music is incredible, unfortunetly I learned my lesson the hard to never ever book the 2nd balcony seats on the left and right. The view is horrible, half the stage is cut off and people are leaning forward trying to see but blocking other people at the same time. If your sitting in the second balcony make sure its in the center!

Visited March 2012
35 attraction reviews
“Fantastic symphony - a must see for classical music lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

As a former symphony player in high school and college, I love going to the symphony and have been a season ticket holder both in Dallas and Salt Lake. On moving to Boston, I decided to check out the Boston Symphony and was blown away. The concert I attended was on a Tuesday night, and the orchestra played Shostakovich's violin concerto #1 and Tchaik Symphony #5, which is a personal favorite of mine.

The soloist was wonderful and was well supported by the orchestra,which was able to provide the right balance between support and balance to the solo passages. Of particular note were the french horns and bassoons, whose tone and volume were some of the best I have heard (and as a former bassoonist, I have heard many bassoons).

The Tchaikovsky was simply amazing. I was transported by the music and there wasn't a misstep. The hall is also wonderful, feeling smaller than many of the newer, major symphony halls, giving an intimate feeling even with a full house. I am definitely going back soon and encourage others to as well.

Visited February 2013
Connecticut
13 attraction reviews
“Best of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Any show you decide to see at this venue will be memorable! you can't see a bad show here at all :-)

Visited December 2012
39 attraction reviews
“"A must visit", Over 30 years best experiences and is still going... well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been a fan of Boston Symphony Orchestra for more than 30 years since we have lived here. We went to this hall many times every year for Symphony orchestra and Boston Pops. We never miss any season. We feel this is a part of our life and healthy living. We always enjoy being at the Pops. The hall is always full of joy for any age. The music and sound is always wonderful. When John Williams comes back, we do not want to miss.

Visited December 2012