“Great Find on way to Sox Game !!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eastern Standard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,816 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beacon Street
Transit: Kenmore Station T stop on the Green Line and Bus Routes 119, 193, 55, 57, 60, 65, 8, and CT1 into Kenmore Square
Description: Eastern Standard is an American Brasserie located in the heart of Kenmore Square, featuring a heated patio and the longest marble bar in Boston. At Eastern Standard we strive to re-create every guest’s expectations. As you enter the restaurant you will be warmly greeted by a staff whose main goal is to make your dining experience among the best you have ever had. Guests can depend on the eclectic wine list to be approachable and unpretentious. We offer a full bar featuring 61 delicious classic cocktails from around the world and Eastern Standard originals. From the house made Charcuterie to the warm and indulgent Butterscotch Bread Pudding, your dining experience at Eastern Standard will keep you coming back again and again!
Connecticut
“Great Find on way to Sox Game !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We took T into Kenmore stop and walking back to Fenway stopped here for lunch (actually brunch menu at 2:30 on a Saturday). There was a 15 minute wait, so they text my cell when table was ready - great idea! My brother-in-law spotted Anchor Steam beer on tap .... a huge bonus, and was ice cold.

We started with some nice Maine oysters, and the rest of the food was real good. My brother-in-law has to have low sodium - so the waiter went out of his way to accommodate. The staff was young and all very nice and friendly - Great Service !!

If you are in the Fenway area for a Sox game, good alternative to crowded sports bar

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Great food at breakfast, so-so at dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

On a recent business trip to Boston I experienced two breakfasts and one dinner at Eastern Standard. Let's talk about food first: The breakfasts exceeded my expectations; well prepared, generous portions, high-quality ingredients. Dinner was a huge disappointment. Of the three things I ordered, none of them matched the description on the menu or that provided by the server. For example, the fish special was described to me as pan-fried and served on a bed of summer vegetables including peppers. Call me silly, but when I hear "peppers" with summer vegetables, I'm thinking of green, red, or yellow peppers. Instead, these were rings of spicy pickled peppers - something that I don't like, can't eat, and would never have ordered had I known they represented a significant volume of the entree. My server was kind enough to offer to bring me something else and, when I didn't have time to wait for another entree, removed that item from my bill. However,I would have preferred to have a decent dinner! Speaking of service, ironically I found service was far more efficient at dinner, even though the restauant was quite busy, than it was at breakfast when there were only a few guests. Despite advising the hostess on the first morning that I had limited time for breakfast, it still took an unacceptably long time to get any service at all - not even coffee or juice, much less take my order. As a result, I had time to eat only half my breakfast--it was so good would have liked to eat more. The second day I had more time but still felt invisible as servers walked past my table repeatedly without any acknowledgement or eye contact. Both days I had to track down a server to get my check. I really want to like this place - it has good energy and a great location - but some fine-tuning is needed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Good food good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great restaurant next to the Hotel Commonwealth. Excellent breakfasts great service. Had both lunch and breakfast here. One lunch we did not have a lot of time and the waiter was able to serve us in a fashion where we never felt rushed, the food was cooked properly and we left with plenty of time to make our appointment. Thank you V for your excellent service!

Visited August 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a nice experience. We stumbled upon this place by accident after going to a game. The service was friendly and the food was great. Will definitely go back again the next time I'm in Boston.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Easy dinner - always a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went to Eastern Standard for a casual Monday night dinner. For a Monday, it was packed and lively. The food and drinks are always good -- especially the oysters. The staff was friendly and attentive. Fun to top off the evening by sending a postcard from your table.

Visited June 2013