“Excellent Spot For Solo Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Petit Robert Bistro Kenmore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #274 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Dessert, French, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kenmore Sq.
Transit: Kenmore Square
Description: Petit Robert Bistro is a French Bistro open every day all year long 11:00am - 11:00pm. They feature an open kitchen on the first floor (40 seats), fireplace and wine racks on the wall. The sub basement has another 40 seats and the pastry bar (12 seats) where they prepare all their homemade desserts. The also offer a patio, which seats 15 guests. They offer a large selection of entrees.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Spot For Solo Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I travel often and end up dining alone. I dislike ordering room service, so I generally go out. I made a Friday reservation for one, which I am sure is not the establishment's favorite number on a big night. Nevertheless, I could not have been treated better. The Restaurant has a great selection of half bottles of wine, which allows a solo diner the chance to enjoy a good bottle of wine. the food was very good as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Milan, Italy
“Tasty french food with real french people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Delighted by this offer of good European food and wine. Very peculiar being welcomed in French. Bill bit pricey but worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Good Food - Nice Atmosphere - Attentive Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a good French-style bistro located in Kenmore Square (convenient prior to a RedSox game or concert at Fenway. The food was good and the server was very attentive. He even brought a complimentary glass of champagne because he had told us there was no Burgundy, but was wrong!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Average food but not so costly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went there for the birthday of my girlfriend and at our surprise our waiter was speaking french so it was nice for us. I take the rabbit & mushroom risotto and it was ok nothing more, but my girlfriend take the steak frites and the french fries was so salty that is wasn't good. The service was perfect, but when we say that we wouldn't take a dessert, the waiter immediately give us the receipts, so we could not relax and finish the wine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockford, Illinois
“Lovely Little Bistro and Great Food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Recommended by the staff of where we were staying, this did not disappoint for our first evening in Boston. Very nice authentic French cuisine, vast wine list, and quaint atmosphere made for a very nice dinner for my wife and I.

There were several items on the menu I really had eyes for, and my wife found a few as well, which is rare for her (a bit picky). We both had appetizers, which were very good, and then onto the entree's which were both excellent as well. To top it off we had a nice desert, which really sealed the deal.

Nice, nice, nice...all the way around. I love it when we find a place like this, and especially when visiting a new city.

Pro's:
- Authentic French cuisine.
- Great wine list.
- Prompt & friendly service.
- Quaint atmosphere - wish we could have eaten outside, but it was too hot.
- Incredible value - lovely french cuisine at a nice price point.

Con's:
- none that i could find.

• 5 of 5 stars Food