“SO-SO” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shear Madness

Shear Madness
Charles Playhouse Stage II, 74 Warrenton St., Boston, MA 02116 (Downtown)
617-426-5225
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 175 Activities in Boston
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover for youself why over 9 million people around the world have seen Shear Madness, the uproarious whodunit where the audience gets to solve the crime. A mixture of improvisation and up-to-the-minute humor, the play is delightfully different every time you see it.
Madison, Wisconsin
19 attraction reviews
“SO-SO”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Takes a little while to get going but once it does it is somewhat entertaining. We got our tickets through Bostix. Not worth full price.

Visited July 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Very Funny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to this show because we couldn't get tickets for the Blue Man Group. Picked up half price tickets at Copley Square the day of the show, tickets were about $30 each at half price. The theatre is nothing to write home about, small, kind of seedy, but the show was hysterical! I have two teenager daughters that loved it, as did my wife and myself. There is some humor that will go over the kid's heads and they are some sexual innuendo, and double entendres. The plot involves the audience in deciding who the killer is, the cast was terrific and interact with the audience, but if you don't want to participate, that's OK too. Don't miss it for a fun time at a small cost.

Visited June 2013
zman99, Front Office Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed the show. We strive to keep it fresh & funny so all ages can enjoy the show.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Hilarious murder mystery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I read a lot of Agatha Christie murder mysteries and this reminded me of one of those (several suspects who could have done it etc) except it was also hilarious. I went with a group of friends and we laughed the entire time. Plus, about halfway through the audience becomes part of the play and gets to ask questions and help solve the mystery. I'd recommend looking for tickets on Bostix.org-we saved about $20 that way.

Visited July 2013
United States
8 attraction reviews
“Almost wet myself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

So to start off, the show will be slightly different everytime you see it due to the audience interaction so some shows may not be as entertaining as others. With that being said, I CANNOT wait to go back! I went the week before last and laughed so hard that I almost peed my pants (and I have probably the worlds largest bladder). The cast was so witty and had good comebacks for even those in the audience. If you don't like some crude language or sexual inuendos, then don't see the show... For those of you who do, go now! It was so funny! The theater is small and very much like many theaters in New York- some small cocktail tables to sit at, standard chairs, and directors chairs. There wasn't a bad seat in the house. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Pennington, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
“Even my husband had fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had read about Shear Madness on Trip Advisor while looking for things to do in Boston (visiting our 20-something daughter). I discussed with my husband–he was not so thrilled at the prospect of an "interactive" theater experience, but agreed to go anyway. What a surprise–he enjoyed it as much (if not more) as both my daughter and me! At one point, I looked over and he was wiping tears from his eyes from laughing so hard.

We got our tickets at the Bostix booth at Copley the day of the show, so ended up paying $25 + a ticket surcharge= $33 each. It was a fun night, capped off by a nice dinner after the show at Abby Lane.

In all, a great family night!