“Reasonable choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Boston-South Boston

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Boston-South Boston to your Saves list
Courtyard Boston-South Boston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   63 R Boston Street, Boston, MA 02115 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #59 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Sudbury, MA
“Reasonable choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Boston is expensive, this hotel is a good choice at a reasonable price point unless you want to head for the suburbs. Nice, large room, with all the necessities. Location has pros and cons. Conveniently within a few minutes drive to the Boston restaurant and theater scene, as well as the airport. Adjacent to a large shopping mall. On the downside, it's adjacent to a large shopping mall :-), inside an industrial area. Also, if you hit afternoon traffic on I-93, you're in for a world of pain. I spent 45 minutes for about a mile...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
The Courtyard by Marriott South Boston staff and I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments and thanks to these we are able to provide our guests with the best service. We were happy to learn that you mentioned our hotel as a good choice, at a reasonable price point. I am also glad to know that you enjoyed the nice, large room, with all the necessities. We certainly invite you back whenever your in the Boston area.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the shuttle service as well as our front desk staff. I will certainly make sure to let them know.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cork,Ire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had my last 3 nights in Boston in this lovely hotel and my best nights sleep in years.Very comfortable and superb staff made this tired traveller a happy camper.Very good location for peace and quiet and shuttle bus to airport was an added bonus.I used this hotel to visit my favourite 'watering hole'..'The Banshee Pub' on Dorchester Road as its only 15 minute walk from hotel.Lovely lobby area with free internet and coffee was a nice touch.Thanks again.

Room Tip: All good here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Relatively good location and walking distance from the T. We stayed here for 7 nights in mid October of 2012 and it was pretty good for what it is, a location for wash up and get shuteye. Even though they provide shuttle service every 30min to the nearest red line T station, we didn't even use it once during our stay. The walk was only 10 to 15min max so we opted to walk rather than wait. The walk is not exactly through the friendliest neighborhood and cleanest streets, although it is relatively busy with passing cars, so I'd suggest to walk in a group in the wee hours of late night. When we stayed there they were asking for mid 200's per night which is pretty budget friendly for access to Boston/Cambridge. Overall they had everything we needed for a reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott South Boston, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments and thanks to these we are able to provide our guests with the best service.

I would like to invite you back to experience our new state of the art lobby, Bistro and much more!!

Director of Operation
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last night and did not enjoy the stay. The ONLY reason I gave 3 stars instead of 2, is due to the beautiful lobby. I enjoyed being in the lobby way more than the room. Hotel has been recently renovated but is still lacking. I noticed paint chipping on the ceiling, cob webs and the shower floor was peeling so I was slightly grossed out. The WORST part of my stay was the bed. The bed was soooooooo hard that I couldn't sleep ALL NIGHT. I was frustrated all night, sleeping on a concrete slab. I would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chester C, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, both positive or negative, as we use our guests comments and reviews as tools to make a better experience for all future guests. I apologize that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as expected. I since shared your comments with the management stafff and we our maintenance team correct the issues that were found. If you'd like to share any additonal information, please don't hesitate to contact me directly (Chester.coppin@marriott.com) and I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I first tried Courtyard by Marriot when my daughter and I were on the college audition tour for theatre programs. We stayed a the Courtyard by Marriot in Ann Arbour Michigan twice and found it to be clean, well staffed and close to everything. This most recent visit to the South Boston location did not disappoint. We have stayed in Boston on two other occasions at big hotels in Copley Square and in the Quincy Market area, this was our first stay at the Courtyard by Marriot South Boston. Large clean, well appointed room close to our daughter's College (Boston Conservatory) with free parking and free in room wifi (neither of which had at the big hotels in Copley or Quincy). Great staff too. We needed extra towels and received them instantly. Our remote needed new batteries and that was replaced instantly too, for a new and better remote. The location made it easy to get to shopping and dinner. My advice is to save on the parking and wifi fees at the big hotels in Copley and Quincy and stay at the Courtyard by Marriot Boston South...with the money you save you can go out for a special dinner! PS Just don't make that special dinner at Rino's Place in east Boston...so not worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chester C, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all the kudos regarding your experiences during stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Boston area. Please feel free to contact me directly (chester.coppin@marriott.com) if you'd like to share any other feedback.
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We got a deal on this hotel. The location is great. This hotel locates at 10 mins driving from the airport and 5 mins walk to the train station so that you can reach the downtown area, fast and worry-hallse the parking issue. They have very friendly staffs, answered all the questions from us. We quite appreciated that. Beddings were new, looks they just did renovation on the building.
Just wish the complient breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are exceptionally proud that you found our location convenient and at a great price. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Boston area. Please feel free to contact me directly (chester.coppin@marriott.com) if you'd like to share any other feedback.
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a 5 star hotel in a 2 1/2 star location. A wonderful property, with very friendly, helpful staff and beautiful comfortable rooms in a not too convenient location about 5 miles from downtown Boston. However, it was by far the most reasonable rate for a very nice room for our recent visit to the Boston area for our daughter's "family weekend". On our last trip, we stayed in the North End, and had to pay between $40-25 per night for parking, which was included in the room rate at this hotel. And there is a free hotel shuttle service that will drop you at the Andrew Square Metro stop, which is about a 1/2 mile walk otherwise. We drove from Jersey, parked at the hotel, and Metro'd into downtown several times to visit the school, the Science Museum, and the North End for dinner. It's a very reasonable option if you can't afford the $400-500 per-nite rates of the downtown hotels, and made for an affordable weekend when there were no other decent rooms to be had. Just around the corner from the hotel is a very large shopping area with a Panera Bread restaurant (better for breakfast than the hotel choice), a very large Target, Best Buy, TJ Max, Marshall's, Stop & Shop, Old Navy, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
On the behalf of the Courtyard South Boston Family, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us.We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative, as we use our guest’s comments and reviews as tools to make a better experience for all future guests. I was honored to read your impressions regarding our 24 hour shuttle service, and how convenient the hotel was to dinning, shopping and public transportation.

Chester.coppin@marriott.com

Been to Courtyard Boston-South Boston? Share your experiences!