This Courtyard is good. Modern décor and well appointed from lobby to the rooms. Very clean and efficient. Staff is polite and helpful and more than happy to help even if not part of their job.
Very convenient access to I-93 (main North/South highway through middle of Boston).
The area/neighborhood around the hotel is a little "iffy". I was warned by the locals (taxi drivers, business colleagues, etc.) to be careful walking in or through the local neighborhood, especially at night.
On one evening, walking back from the nearby T-station (Boston's name for its subway system), noticed drunks harassing people and some aggressive homeless panhandlers. Understood why even later in the night why it could be a problem.
The cleaning staff, why very good at cleaning the rooms, lobby, etc., noticed the elevators always seemed to take a long time. One morning, I noticed while waiting for an elevator, these 3 cleaning staff came into the elevator waiting area, and they pressed both the UP and DOWN buttons.
Elevator showed up going UP. None of them got in. I thought they didn't realize elevator had showed up so I told them an elevator had shown up. They said they were going DOWN. I asked, "Why did you press the UP button then?". Their response: we push BOTH buttons regularly to get an elevator faster.
At this point, I shut up. Figured trying to explain to them that all they've done is SLOW down the elevators for EVERYONE would be pointless.
This is a good hotel overall, just be aware of the neighborhood surrounding it.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Boston-South Boston Hotel
- Courtyard Boston-South Boston Hotel Boston
- Courtyard Boston South
- Courtyard Boston
- Boston Marriott
- Boston Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *GPS USERS USE 7 ALLSTATE ROAD, BOSTON MA 02125. The new state-of-the-art Courtyard South Boston provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests, featuring inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the entire hotel & easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro, which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Our location in “Southie” is located 4 miles from Logan International Airport (BOS), 2 miles from the city center and a heartbeat away from Boston attractions including Fenway Park, TD Bank North Garden, Freedom Trail and Quincy Market. We offer shuttle service to and from Logan Airport for an additional fee of $5.00 per person each way. For other options, Andrew Square Station is within walking distance and 3 stops from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard Boston-South Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.