“Bad service, bad location” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Boston-South Boston

You added Courtyard Boston-South Boston to your Saves list
Courtyard Boston-South Boston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   63 R Boston Street, Boston, MA 02115 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #67 of 77 Hotels in Boston
San Francisco, California
“Bad service, bad location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Located in a very bad section of Boston.

Part of the hotel is going through renovation. This is not mentioned in the web site while making the booking. No meeting rooms available because of the renovation. Hotel staff refuse to call to other Marriott hotels to check for other options.

Poor service - this one does not deserve to be a part of the Marriott Chain. The Manager was very reluctant to talk to me when I tried to complain.

I have been a Marriott Rewards Gold customer for over 10 years and this is the first time I have seen such poor service

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was our first time in Boston so we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel, but we still wanted something nice and clean, which we found at Courtyard South Boston. We had read the mixed reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. Check-in was a breeze, the staff was very helpful, they even let us into our room about three hours early so we just dropped of our bags and went for a walk. The subway station is a 5-minute-walk away, another staff member directed us to it, and in less than 20 minutes we were right in the middle of downtown Boston.
Rooms are nice, clean and very spacious.
Breakfast was ok, at first we thought it was included but it was our mistake, we ended up taking it anyway, $11.95 per person.
Overall a really nice stay, we would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The location isn't the greatest if you do not have a car. They offer a shuttle to and from the airport for 5 dollars. Rooms are average size. We stayed here because of the price but next time we come to Boston we will choose a Marriott with a more central location.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Marriott and Courtyards seem to have upped the personal touch. Having stayed in three this week, I want to seriously applaud the Marriott team for getting the personal touch back into hotels.

Also, the choice of pillows on the bed is a simple and elegant solution to dealing with guests' pickiness. Good stuff.

I would normally give a four or a five but the main reason to go to a hotel is to sleep. That is impossible if the airconditioner makes loud and random noises. Turning it off, of course, makes the room stuffy to sleep in. This is a major oversight, so I have to give a three.

Sorry guys. Better luck next time. I will come back, just fix the aircon.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in 530 unless they guarantee they have fixed the aircon.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chris D, General Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott South Boston, I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. I really appreciate all of your comments and thanks to these we are able to provide our guests with the best service. Regarding the air conditioner issue I talked with my Operations Manager and he told me it was all solved and that there where no longer any issued. We are almost done with renovations and want to invite you back to experience our new state of the art lobby, Bistro and much more!!
Beacon Falls, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed her a few years ago and had no problems with it. Everything was clean, service was good, nothing exceptional, nothing bad to say. Easy off & on highway to jump into Boston. Once you figure out the short cuts through the parking lots it's easy to find.

My husband & I stayed again Feb 2013 as I had an early appt at Boston Medical Center. It was conveniently located close to the center. When we arrived I had an awful cold. The ladies at the front desk went out of their way to cater to me. Making me tea, getting my honey & cookies. They were so lovely and touched this sick mommy's heart with their kindness!

The hotel was going through updating. Having stayed a few years ago we weren't sure why they were updating...but it was beautiful and well appointed. We enjoyed the pool & hot tub and I was pleased to see a handicap lift for the pool. Both my husband and I have worked with individuals who benefit from aquatics but are wheelchair bound, etc. It was so nice to see a hotel that was accessible!

We will definitely stay her again for any other appts at the BMC or for trips to visit Boston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The Courtyard by Marriott- South Boston thanks you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We strongly appreciate all of your comments and evaluations. I was honored to read your impressions regarding our front desk staff and will make sure to let them know. Regarding our facilities, we are glad you enjoyed them and found them useful. Our whole purpose is to provide a good service and be prepared for our guests. I want to invite you back to our top to bottom new hotel and thank you for your business!
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The location was a bit hard to find, and parking was a disaster. After lugging my luggage a long way in the cold, I was able to check in.

Check in was easy. Room was nice and well appointed. Staff were nice. Your usual expectation of this type of hotel. Would stay again. Only problem was the parking.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carver, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel due to a blizzard. Not only did i think Marriott was going be a great hotel but a nice area, well to say the least the area was nice:). As far as service hotel is horrible!!! My daughter found a beer can open under a bed scrapped her foot and the room rekked of beer. I called down the front desk and they assured me someone would be right up, which nobody came. Next morning i went down to speak to the gm and all he cared about was the accident report!!! (REALLY)!!! can't believe the treatment from this hotel never will i stay at another Marriott

Room Tip: don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Antonio L, Manager at Courtyard Boston-South Boston, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues you experienced during your stay.
I understand there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you have selected to stay with us. Thanks for the opportunity to serve you.

The wellbeing of our guests is our number one priority.
I understand that you had experienced some issues during your last stay. Please accept my sincere apology and I can assure you that we have taking the appropriate steps to ensure that those issues do not happen again.

I hope you give us the oportunity to serve you again and showe you the way we have improved from a complete hotel renovation including a new lobby and bistro to our excellent customer service.

Antonio Lama
Assistant general manager

Been to Courtyard Boston-South Boston? Share your experiences!