“Elephant Walk on Beacon St., Boston” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Elephant Walk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 2,815 restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Cambodian, French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Accessible by the Saint Mary's T-stop on the Green Line "C" Branch
New York City, New York
“Elephant Walk on Beacon St., Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I probably don't have enough information to give a full review, but here are my impressions based on a single dinner.

My husband and I are vegetarians, and this restaurant has a large selection of vegetarian dishes (also gluten-free). We had a tofu and vegetable dish (can't remember the name) that was very good, and not spicy or too rich. We also had brown rice mixed with edamame. Both were very good. Our dinner companions, who are not vegetarian, also enjoyed their meals.
The atmosphere is good, not too noisy, and service was good.

One drawback is parking - it is difficult, so we did valet.

I will definitely return to Elephant Walk.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Caguas, Puerto Rico
“A French-Cambodian unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went to this restaurant for first time with my family, recommended by my daughter. The experience was truly amazing for the price, the quality of the food and the service.This is a french cambodian fusion restaurant. We try as appetizers the Rouleaux( Cambodian spring roll with pork, peanuts, noodles, carrots and onions with Tuk trey as dipping sauce- Crunchy and refreshing) and the Crepe de Canard et Champignones( Crepe filled with duck and mushrooms- very tasty). For entree we ordered the Loc Lac, the steak Grille and the Samon Rotiaux and we share. In my opinion each plate was exquisite, with fresh ingredients and plentiful. For dessert we ordered the Mousse Aux Fruit de la Passion ( Strong passion fruit flavor) and the Cafe Liegeouis ( flavorful coffee/chocolate ice cream-cake dessert). The Godiva cappuchino was also exquisite. I recommend this restaurant without restrictions, the service is superb and the ambiance is great. They have a descent selection of wines, apperitif, and dessert wines as well as other drinks and cocktails.I will return next time in Boston.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Order a Cambodian Dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is the second location of Elephant Walk I've tried and it didn't disappoint.

This is a French Cambodian fusion place but the Cambodian dishes definitely steal the show. This time I tried the Trey Ang, which came with a side of rice and pickled cauliflower. The sauce that came on the side was tangy and I wanted to pour it over everything. The fish was fresh and I definitely recommend it so long as you don't mind seeing a whole fish on your plate, head included. It was deboned, thankfully.

There is also a separate bar area that looked like a good place for a post-work drink. I made reservations and was 15 minutes late. The hostess was gracious about it and sat us with no problem.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kaliua, HI
“Good for lots of little plates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When EW first opened, I had gone with my husband and some friends and it was a truly magical experience. The food was different, the ambiance was buzzy and the company was great. Flash forward a few years and I visit with my college roomates. The food was still different, the ambiance still felt buzzy and the company better than before. Our appetizers were great--rouleaux and nataing-yum. I love spring rolls--add in fresh lettuce, basil, mint and a dipping sauce and I'm happy. At that point I should have stuck to apps or a soup--my fish dish was a little soupy, and it wasn't a soup. My girlfriend had the quinoa gratin which was a good comfort food and my other girlfriend had the Mee Siem noodle dish--this was the winner of the bunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
vienna, virginia
“Special Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The staff is innovative and accommodating and prepared a special post-wedding brunch that eliminated the need to thrumb through a menu. All choices were well described and made ordering and serving easy. The food was exotic and creative and wonderful.

Visited November 2012