“A winner all the time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Ballet

Boston Ballet
19 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA 02116-6100 (South End)
(617) 695-6950
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 283 things to do in Boston
Boston MA
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“A winner all the time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Consistently excellent performances by a dance troupe which grows stronger each year. Moving to the smaller venue enhances the experience and, with the added benefit of a live orchestra, makes for a wonderful evening of dance and music.

Boston, Massachusetts
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Interesting programs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Boston ballet has some great dancers and interesting programs. I think they tend to be stronger in the more modern programs than traditional story ballets, where the quality of the performance really depends on who's in the cast. I always enjoy their Nutcracker, though. Tickets can be very expensive, but frequently there are promotions with significant discounts.

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Thoroughly enjoyed the season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The performances are exquisite and always enjoyable. The choreography is excellent - costuming as well. This was the first time we had purchased a season of the Ballet and enjoyed it so much that we have purchased next season already!

Mount Forest, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My son and I went to visit Boston. We were just walking around town when we saw everyone going into a theatre. I read the bill board and saw it was a ballet. I asked my son if he would like to see one as we have never been to one before. When went in and asked if there were tickets left and there was. It was awesome. We thought we might leave after a two acts but we loved it. The theatre itself is gorgeous. My son is into architecture and loved the building. We had a great time and I'm sure i'll go to another show.

Augusta, Maine
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sleeping Beauty meets Little Red Riding Hood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love classic ballet performed by the talented dancers in the Boston Ballet company. The sets, the music the dancers are just superb. We were very surprised that the show lasted almost 3 hours and a bit confused by the addition of two marvelous cats, Puss 'N Boots and Little Red Riding Hood to the cast of characters. A bit of whimsy, I guess. The ballet is always worth the trip to Boston!

Visited March 2013