“Worth the await in Line!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neptune Oyster

Neptune Oyster
63 Salem St, Ste 1, Boston, MA 02113-2289 (North End)
617-742-3474
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
New York City
“Worth the await in Line!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 11:15am for 11:30am opening and there was already a line. Got in though. Place not big so go early.
Oysters were delicious but the lobster rolls were fantastic. Best lobster roll I ever had. Worth the wait and the price!

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
“Pearlfection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have enjoyed the Neptune several times and the oysters are spot on ever time. Great selection of cold water gems from around the globe. Went early and sat at the bar this trip,great wine selections and the server was excellent. Don't let the line waiting outside turn you away, just give hostess your cell number and hit the nearby pubs next door. They text you when your table is ready. It's the best raw bar I've ever visited. While in Boston, it's a must if your a oyster fan.
Ps, not one shell spur in the 4 dozen we enjoyed!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Oysters, Anchovies & Lobster Rolls - - Oh My!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Hands down, this was a superb choice for seafood. Went first with a local for the oysters (expansive menu) and the lobster roll (hot with melted butter is the way to go); and came back for a second meal of . . . . what else? Lobster roll and the anchovies cocktail. Yum, yum, yum. Everything is so fresh and delicate tasting. Sit at the bar, talk up the staff and enjoy a great meal!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kirkwood, Missouri
“Tried The Lobster Roll With Italian Wine.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went in the late afternoon and got a seat right away at the bar. We ordered some good wine and looked for something to order as an appetizer because we knew we were going to split a warm lobster roll. We decided on fried clams. The wine was great and the lobster roll was okay but I don't know about the fried clams. My wife couldn't eat them. She said there was too much sand in them. I thought she was crazy but when I kept eating them I knew what she meant. I am not sure if that is how they usually are and ate around the sand. This was our first lobster roll and I was a little disappointed. I liked this place but wish the bartenders would have been a little nicer. We could have used a little help with some food recommendations.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Indispensable lobster food experience in Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

You cannot go to Boston without eating local sea star, the lobster from Maine!
Recommended by local fooding experts, I experienced this tiny restaurant' crowdy and lively ambiance in North End, Salem Street and I tasted the specialty: the Maine Lobster Roll ($27). You can have it cold with mayo or hot with melted butter... you have to try both!
Raw sea food looked fresh and excellent, together with white wine in a nice set. I could feel like in a parisian restaurant, but for the staff: so much more friendly!
So strange for a Frenchy to marry "noble" food (here lobster) with "vulgar" food (roll bread, French fries and Ketchup), but this is such this experience is such a primal joy that you cannot help licking your fingers covered with butter!

• Visited March 2014