“Great hot lobster roll!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neptune Oyster

Neptune Oyster
63 Salem St, Ste 1, Boston, MA 02113-2289 (North End)
617-742-3474
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North End
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hot lobster roll!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The best lobster roll in Boston. Pricy but worth every penny. Get the hot version, served on a nice brioche roll with great fries. This place is very small and there is always a wait. But they will call your cell phone when your table is ready, so go to a nearby bar and have a drink while you wait! And get a few oysters too; always a variety of the freshest oysters available!

1 Thank Bob T

Panama City, Panama
“THE best place for Lobster Roll of Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We just went there just to eat the Lobster roll as a friend recommended me this place and plate... I ordered the Lobster roll, hot with butter, and let me tell you that was amazing! Great flavor, good portion and decent service! You must try it when you visit Boston.

1 Thank JuanAramburo
Syracuse, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

After reading reviews on this place, I knew this was where I needed to go. There was a 20 minute wait, but from previous entries, I expected this. After a cell phone call, I arrived for my seat. It was very small and you sit very close to everyone. I thought this would be hard to move around, but surprisingly this was not the case. Being so close to everyone leads to conversations with strangers that you might not otherwise have.

The menu is diverse and a great selection of oyster varieties! I picked 12 assorted types to try them out. I also picked the lobster roll that they are known and highly praised for. Very good choice! I am not normally a lobster fan, but I loved every bite! Large chunks of lobster, soft roll and covered in drawn butter. Prices are on the high side, but otherwise, I would recommend this restaurant highly!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MattScheuer
Toronto, Canada
“Great Oyster Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The restaurant is nice, but very small. Come early or you'll have to wait outside. The Oyster/Seafood bar is amazing. We tried a variety of oysters plus some crab claws. Seafood was fresh and top notch.

My lobster roll was chewier than expected, but still OK. My boyfriend ordered the burger, and it was simply amazing. Don't count out the burgers!!

I would certainly return, but for the oysters and a glass of wine instead.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Logan, Utah
“Busy little restaurant with the best lobster roll I had in Boston!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Lobster roll was simple and DELICIOUS! Good clam chowder although not amazing. Pretty crowded, but I would say worth the wait--walk around this fun North End neighborhood while you wait, and they'll call you when your table is ready!