“Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Neptune Oyster

Neptune Oyster
63 Salem St, Ste 1, Boston, MA 02113-2289 (North End)
617-742-3474
Neighborhood: North End
Syracuse, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

After reading reviews on this place, I knew this was where I needed to go. There was a 20 minute wait, but from previous entries, I expected this. After a cell phone call, I arrived for my seat. It was very small and you sit very close to everyone. I thought this would be hard to move around, but surprisingly this was not the case. Being so close to everyone leads to conversations with strangers that you might not otherwise have.

The menu is diverse and a great selection of oyster varieties! I picked 12 assorted types to try them out. I also picked the lobster roll that they are known and highly praised for. Very good choice! I am not normally a lobster fan, but I loved every bite! Large chunks of lobster, soft roll and covered in drawn butter. Prices are on the high side, but otherwise, I would recommend this restaurant highly!

Visited March 2013

88% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Great Oyster Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The restaurant is nice, but very small. Come early or you'll have to wait outside. The Oyster/Seafood bar is amazing. We tried a variety of oysters plus some crab claws. Seafood was fresh and top notch.

My lobster roll was chewier than expected, but still OK. My boyfriend ordered the burger, and it was simply amazing. Don't count out the burgers!!

I would certainly return, but for the oysters and a glass of wine instead.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Logan, Utah
“Busy little restaurant with the best lobster roll I had in Boston!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Lobster roll was simple and DELICIOUS! Good clam chowder although not amazing. Pretty crowded, but I would say worth the wait--walk around this fun North End neighborhood while you wait, and they'll call you when your table is ready!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ridgewood, NJ
“Go to Neptune's hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the best seafood restaurant I have ever been to, anywhere. The lobster roll is something you don't want to miss (on 3/1 it was $25.00) and the scallops were the best scallops I've ever had anywhere. ($33.00 on 3/1). I know that is pricey, but you get 3 huge sea scallops on a bed of some concoction that was delicious. My daughter had an oyster because this is what they are known for. They had about 20 different kinds. We had muscles in a delicious spicy (like a thai) sauce for an appetizer. Yes, this restaurant is small, crowded and has a very long wait. Don't let that stop you from putting your name on a list. If you love shellfish, you won't be sorry. People were ordering whole fish also. It's not our thing but I noticed very happy customers with whole fish around us. Although the restaurant is crowded, and the 3 of us were seated at the same table as another party, I didn't feel like we needed more room. And I didn't feel like we had to socialize with them. This dinner was perfect.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Oyster Bar the way it should be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon Neptune this afternoon. The choice and quality of oysters was amazing. As far as the lobster roll goes, i´m still drooling just thinking about it, absolutely fantastic!

Highly recommend it, great food, staff and atmosphere. Will be back in a heart beat!

Been to Neptune Oyster? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Neptune Oyster, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.