“Forget waiting at the other shop. Modern has the best Italian pastries outside of NY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Modern Pastry Shop

Modern Pastry Shop
257 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113-2322 (North End)
617-523-3783
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: North End
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Torrone and the cream-filled Lobster Tail are a must buy when you visit Modern Pastry Shop. The line may be long at times, but the pastry is worth the wait.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fishers, Indiana
“Great Pastries The Best in Boston !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

While we strolled down Hanover Street in Boston we went into Modern Pastry. What a great find and luck for us. The Pastries and everything else are all fantastic. One of the many items we bought I had to try The Lobster Tail Cream Filled Pastry. : WOW ! A very flacky pastry with a rich cream filling made with Racotta Cheese . Creme and some sort of whipped cream. Just Outstanding. I will order several to be shipped to me soon.The Best in Boston !

Lincolnton, North Carolina
“Cannoli Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ok, so I'm from the South, and I don't really profess to be a cannoli expert. But I will say that I walked up to the counter on a Sunday afternoon (before Marathon 2013), and was treated wonderfully, then was given a beautiful package filled with cannolis and various other pastrys...all of which were fantastic. I had taken a local's advice to choose Modern over it's rival, and I certainly was not disappointed. And the price was less than expected!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
White Plains, New York
“Great Cannolis!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Every bit as good as Mike's - freshly prepared cannolis. Really enjoyed the sweets. Small sit down area - lots of people taking out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Englewood, NJ
“Lobster tales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm a foodie and work in NYC where I can indulge to my heart's content. I think Modern's Lobster Tails are the best things I've ever eaten...PERIOD. I've had them elsewhere but none can compare. I'd consider driving up just to get one. They're that crazy good.

Visited October 2013