“Cannoli Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Modern Pastry Shop

Modern Pastry Shop
257 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113-2322 (North End)
617-523-3783
Neighborhood: North End
Yuma, Arizona
“Cannoli Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We tried them both! Mike's was good, don't get me wrong, but the traditional ricotta cannolo from Modern was out of this world. Mike's were pre-made and sitting on the counter when I walked in, but Modern's filling was piped in as I waited and was just the perfect sweet/tart combination. I eventually tried a few varieties, but the traditional with just a touch of powdered sugar was divine. I didn't even have to wait in line as a few reviewers have noted. For a guy that has never eaten one before and has no pretense when it comes to this, I have to give the nod to Modern. As an aside, the traditional was a buck less than Mike's. Just sayin'.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Not my favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My friend likes this place better than Mike's, but I wasn't impressed. The service was great tho :) I got a Lobster tail, which is huge! Also, I got a chocolate cream cannoli and a vanilla cream cannoli. Neither of which were all that. But my friend brought me a ricotta one another time and it was good :)

Visited June 2013
Leawood, Kansas, United States
“What can you say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Best canoli's in the US. Period. And I grew up in an Italian neighborhood in NYC. Worth the wait in line. The other baked goods are fine as well.

Visited June 2013
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Never had a bad experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I don't know why there are some bad reviews for this place. This is by far my favorite place to get Cannolis. They fill them to order and never skimp on the chocolate chips. I also love their torrone. The servers may be a bit curt, but it is always busy so I am understanding.

Definitely worth a visit!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not if i can help it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you are willing to wait in line for twenty minute and have the staff keep overlooking you and dont bother to even acknowledge you ...yes this is the place to go to .Its no wonder the TIP jar seemed empty .If you are looking for a good experience stay AWAY.Off the main road there a lot of friendlier bakeries .Since the service experience ( or lack of it ) was terrible i have to rate the food and decor bad as overall the experience left a bad taste .

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere