“Excellent boutique hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent boutique hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great little boutique hotel - modern design, super clean, and amazing staff. Great location within walking distance of North End restaurants and around the corner subway access. The rooms are very small (similar to NYC hotels), but very comfortable and bright. Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
corpus christi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Our stay at the Boxer was outstanding !!! The staff best ever. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast very good, they where out of a breakfast item we ordered manager sent out for it so we could have it for breakfast . Never have seen such outstanding service. Looking forward to our next stay at the Boxer.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Justin P, Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for the outstanding review you have left for us regarding your stay! I am so happy to hear that we were able to make your stay a memorable one. I was especially pleased to hear that we provided you with exceptional service that was first class. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Boston.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Loved this hotel! Conveniently located- walking distance to restaurants, bars, sites. Rooms made us feel at home. We stayed in the bunk room. I was not expecting it to be so comfortable. Took me back to my college dorm days. Toiletries were awesome. Clean. Quiet. Just perfect!

Room Tip: Bunk room should suffice for anyone with a child.
Green Features: Eco-efficient- energy saving/water saving. perfect!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Justin P, Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, yesterday
What a great review! I truly appreciate the amazing review that you have left for us. "Comfy, Cozy and Posh" is a perfect description of The Boxer. It was designed for the traveler like yourself and I hope that you get the chance to come back soon.

Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Boxer for a long weekend and we were absolutely thrilled with the first class service. They could not do enough for you. Our air conditioning unit was on the fritz so they upgraded us to a suite with no extra charge. The kitchen was closed when we came back late one evening but in their Can-do attitude, they helped us order pizza delivery, which we enjoyed thoroughly with our wine in the bar area. Anytime there was a question, they answered it or fixed it or made it better. This place is located just a short walk from Fanueil Hall, North End, The Garden and a short cab ride to Fenway. Fantastic Service, wonderful warm surroundings, cozy lobby and bar areas.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Justin P, Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Boxer. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide with an upgrade to one of our suites and the staff was accommodating in finding you a place for pizza. We do our best to provide a memorable first class stay and I think we were able to success. I hope you get the chance to co me back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We enjoyed a lovely 2 nights in The Boxer hotel in Boston.
Location is very central.
The hotel itself is clean, quirky and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful.
If I ever return to Boston I would stay here again.

Green Features: The hotel offer many environmental options. In room recycling etc.
Justin P, Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear that the hotel was exactly what you were looking for and we hope to see you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Ok, lets start with the basics. The rooms are very very small. I mean tiny.
If you are coming from interstate as a single traveller with one overnight bag staying for one night it might be ok. If you are a couple travelling from overseas with suitcases then don't even consider this place. You will not be comfortable.

Secondly, we found the service to be consistently sloppy across the board. In fact I'd say its one if the worst run hotels I have stayed in. There was issues across the board with poor standards and low levels of professionalism.

My advice - consider other options.

Room Tip: if you want a normal size room you will have to upgrade. Standard rooms are tiny.
Justin P, Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectation. I would like the opportunity to connect with you personally to fully understand your disappointment, Please reach out to me with your email address and I will respond.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Boxer is a nice hotel if you are visiting Boston, especially Boston's north end. For me, this hotel was just fine, but I found it quite expensive for what you get. The Boxer is part of a new generation of hotels that call themselves "green", and look, to my eyes, like renovated chain hotels. Apparently this means you do not get a real bathroom door (it's more of a sliding partition) and your tv, minibar, and closet space are all housed in one open shelving unit at the end of the bed. The bathroom was well appointed but tiny!
It is located very close to TD garden and is easy walking distance to the famed restaurant zone of the North End.

Room Tip: The hotel is located on a very busy street, a main thoroughfare used by emergency services. Ask for...
Green Features: I didn't really get the environmental part they offered.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Justin P, Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review. The hotel's rooms have some unique touches that were designed to maximize the amount of useable space in our historic building. I am sorry to hear that the size of the rooms was not to your liking but that you enjoyed the location. We hope to see you again soon.

Justin

Been to The Boxer Boston? Share your experiences!