“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Boxer Boston is a very nice hotel. The rooms are up to date and clean. The hotel staff is quite friendly and helpful as well. The hotel is close to the North End Neighborhood of Boston and is a few blocks away from the Freedom Trail.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! And more so for your review! We look forward to seeing you again in Boston!

Vanessa Vitale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The rooms are refurbished in gray industrial chic/restoration hardware style. Our 2 double bed room was too small for such big heavy furniture. No real closet, and hard to maneuver and use the the one real usable drawer. From one bed, there was a useless metal post in front of the TV screen. But, beds comfy, good bath with shower only. Good free Wi-Fi, and responsive front desk, free newspapers. Near the sports arena and dozens of sports bars, short walk to Faneuil Hall area in one direction, Italian neighborhood resaurants in the other direction.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Modesto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I would have rated it higher, but room size with lack of storage and staff attitudes prompted the lower rating. Nice boutique hotel in close proximity to the North End and Faneuil Hall. Stayed here in June for 3 nights. Rooms are very small and it was difficult to walk between the end of the bed and the desk/closet. I wish the closet was enclosed. There was approximately 16 inches of a steel bar to hang your clothes from. The honor bar was below the closet area on top of the only drawer to place clothes in and was in the way. Appreciated the room safe and refrigerator. Loved the bathroom! It was very nicely appointed and had a nice sized shower. The desk clerks need training. Some were very professional and some had major attitudes.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear TRIPSTER077,

Thank you for your feedback! Housed in an historic building in downtown Boston, we do our absolute best in accommodating the need for space (believe me!) I certainly hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise and I appreciate your candid review. We look forward to seeing you in Boston soon!

montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

After a long day traveling , I arrived in Boston nearly six hour later than planned. It was late when my wife and I finally made it to the hotel only to learn that there was allegedly a maintenance issue with the room we were scheduled for so they had to give us a different room.
My skeptical half believes that, because we were so late, they gave our room to someone else. Leaving us kind of up a creek.
So we get to our room, open the door and get a glimps. It had a small queen size bed with three out of four sides blocked in. The girl apologized at the onset and said that if the queen was too small, I could sleep in the bunk bed. I don't think so. I have been married for more than 20 years, I sleep best when I sleep with my wife. I am also 50 years old, I don't do bunk beds. But, we were wiped out, so we tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to sleep.
The next morning, I explained to the front desk that I had booked a king room and that while the room they gave us is "cute", it wasn't going to work for us.
They had already planned to put us into an appropriate room.
That afternoon, our belongings were in the new, much better room, along with a nice bottle of wine, coupons for free breakfast and apology letter from the management.
The other room didn't go empty for long, a younger couple with a child got the room and it was a much better fit for them then us.
The hotel is, as others have said, is very well placed. Access to anywhere is quite easy.
The folks at the front desk are very friendly and very accommodating.
The price was right, the initial room scare was taken care of, the whole experience turned from what I expected to be bad to, really, more than good. It was excellent.
Thank you Boxer Boston.

Room Tip: If you want to be sure that you don't get the room with the bunk bed, make that clear. The bed...
Dear MontanaKevin,

I absolutely love it when our team can turn around an inconvenient situation- its a better testament to their outstanding service oriented goals than a perfect stay sometimes! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make it better and to serve you in the best way possible.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I found this hotel through a third party booking site that had an awesome discounted rate. Well, I put off booking for a few hours and when I came back the sale was over. I then called the hotel and spoke to the reservations desk. Not only were they super friendly they honored the discounted rate that I had found no questions asked.
When we arrived at 2:45 am we were immediately greeted by the staff outside the doors with an offer to take our bags.
Check-in/ check-out was fast.
Every staff member we came across was friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean.
I really loved the decor as well. It had a more boutique design instead of the typical boring hotel furnishings. Even though the rooms are not very large it is well made up for in style and comfort.
We felt safe in that area and we were able to walk to Boston Common and Public Gardens and Beacon Hill in 15 - 20 mins. There is so much to see in between destinations that we didn't mind those walks.
Overall, the hotel was great and I'd stay again if I ever go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DebraKay86,

Thank you so much! We certainly pride ourselves on our service culture and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the design and layout of the property. Come back soon as we look forward to welcoming you with open arms.

Malone, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

With just a short walk from Faneuil Hall, other museums and attractions please consider The Boxer for your next stay in Boston. Central location and part of the "Independent" collection of hotels. Staff will make you feel "At Home" in this modern, boutique hotel. I travel in my job logging over 100 hotel nights/yr. The Boxer makes the "hotel" experience very friendly, cozy and comfortable. Highly recommend staying with the Boxer staff for business or pleasure. Well Done!

Dear DonB,

Coming from a hotel expert such as yourself, I couldn't be more happy to read this feedback. We will always be your home away from home! Thank you so much.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My friends and I went here for 3 nights, and we found that this hotel was a perfect location. Located less than a 15 minute walk to the North Loop, and a 20 minute walk to the commons/Newbury Street.
At first out hotel accomadations were set up to be in the bunk beds, but when we arrived we requested a change for the king size bed and the hotel concierge was happy to change it for us. While waiting to get checked in we helped ourselves to the complimentary apples at the front desk too.
The rooms are an average size, and it was just perfect for us because all we really did in the hotel was sleep. I was happy about the shampoo/conditner in the rooms being all natural organic.

The hotel serves breakfast in the mornings for an extra change and we did not do this. There are plenty of other breakfast options around the area including a Whole Foods if you are just wanting to grab a quick bite to eat before heading off on your daily adventures.

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The guest printer was not working when we needed to print our boarding pass off so they let me go behind the lobby desk and use the computer. The staff was also very helpful with answering questions (mostly directions!) about the area.

I would stay here again :)

Room Tip: Request a room without bunk beds---bunk beds would make you feel like it's a dorm room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear SarahS,

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Boston! We are thrilled to hear you had a great time in our beautiful city and look forward to having you stay again (we will provide apples!)

Vanessa Vitale

Been to The Boxer Boston? Share your experiences!