“First Time To Boston” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 77 hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“First Time To Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Staff is polite and helpful. Rooms are cozy and very clean. Just perfect for my husband and I to have a place to rest our feet after a day of exploring the city. We arrived early but they had a room available for us so we were able to check in right away.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just right for 4 nights in Boston for a friend and I.

Conveniently located near to public transport, bars and restaurants.

The hotel is clean and nicely furnished with great staff.

Space within the room we had was at a premium and I think better use could be made of that which does exist by better placement of the furniture but it's a small quibble.

Gym isn't particularly well equipped but as someone that runs I had nice options around Boston itself and would rather that than a treadmill any day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Vanessa V, General Manager at The Boxer Boston, responded to this review, March 10, 2014

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not going to give a full review yet (since my stay isn't until next month), but the customer service at this hotel is amazing. Needed help in booking my room and they were beyond accommodating. Thank you Serena and Emily! I look forward to staying with you next month!

-Nicole T.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel was above and beyond our expectations for the price we paid. We stayed here two nights on a vacation to Boston to learn more about the history. It was in a great location to explore the city, being near T stops for the Orange, Green, Blue and a little farther to the Red line. It is easily walk-able distance to the beautiful North end as well as the gorgeous Beacon Hill area.

We stayed in king deluxe room on the 9th floor. We had an awesome view and the room was beautiful. Everything was done with such great taste. I had seen some reviews complain about the small size but we did not really notice it or want more room. It was quiet and clean and so comfortable. The staff was very helpful and I would definitely stay here again no questions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Very nice meal at reasonable prices at the attached restaurant. Great staff there as well. Room amazingly quiet for being in Center City on a busy street. Our room had very small with a bunk bed for the second person. There was no room even for a bedroom stand to place your clock on for either bed. My biggest problem was if there was something in the room that caused my allergies to be extremely aggravated making the stay highly unpleasant even though the room was very clean & newly updated. Luckily we have not planned to spend much of our two days in the room & the restaurant/bar was a pleasant place to hang out in the evening.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The title of my review highlights what I expect from a hotel when I travel: cleanliness and quiet are imperative, and The Boxer did not fail us. In fact, it exceeded some of the more popular "corporate" hotels in both categories. Likewise for how comfortable our room was. Most hotel mattresses leave my back stiff and achey, but the king-sized bed was the most comfortable we'd experienced in a long time, and the king-sized pillows were soft (as compared to the usual bulky masses that leave my neck stiff in the morning). The hotel itself is a convenient walk to the T as well as to Fanueil Hall and the North End. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. For a "boutique hotel," The Boxer exceeded my expectations; I knew it would be charming, but was so pleasantly surprised by our experience. Our room had a Keurig coffee maker, and I must mention the complimentary Wifi -- most hotels charge quite a bit for this luxury! Many of the reviews of this hotel whine about how small the rooms are. We didn't vacation in Boston just to sit around in a hotel room! For us, the size was irrelevant as it met all of our needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Brandon, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just stayed a weekend at The Boxer in order to go to a Red Sox game. The décor was well done and the rooms small but efficient. The room was quiet and the only noise I heard was from people in the hall---no noise of flushing toilets, showers running, street noise, or sounds from other rooms. When I arrived the booking computer system was down----the whole system for all hotels---and therefore there was a delay in getting checked in. I have to compliment Stanley, the one staff person who seemed, throughout our stay, to have the concept of always make the customer happy and he got us free drinks. He seemed to be everywhere during the weekend. Aside from him staffing seemed somewhat inconsistent----very pleasant people and others who did not seem to care. One complaint I had was getting the room temperature set. There were no extra blankets which would have made it easier.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Boxer Boston? Share your experiences!