“Simply perfect” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Simply perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Gorgeous renovation with friendly staff and centrally located. One off the nicest hotels I have ever visited. I selected it because it is close up the convention center and cpetitively priced. I really was amazed at the inspired decor. I highly recommend it to those who love great interior and exterior design.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Petaluma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just the bedrooms in the suites are larger than many hotel rooms. The living area has a full size refrigerator, microwave, two burner stove and dishwasher. There is a bar style table with sitting for two and a full size sofa. The breakfast is very good..eggs, sausage, breakfast sandwich, cereal and waffles. There is also plenty of open seating areas to meet with other members of your group.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that are on the corners or facing Congress street
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Middle Village, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love this hotel! My first time to Boston with my husband and teenage daughter. The look and feel of this hotel is new, clean, and upscale. It has an industrial look with the exposed wood, pipes and brick and it looks fabulous! Even the elevator were great. They are glass elevators and you can see the interior courtyard as you go up to your floor. We were greeted with smiles at the front desk. Everyone that works here is very friendly and professional. One stand out is Dave at the front desk. He was really very helpful. Our room wasn't ready, but I didn't expect it to be since we were early. We walked over to Faneuil Hall which is about a 15 min walk. On the way we passed a dounkin donuts a couple of restaurants, The Children's Muesum, and The Tea Party Muesum. We did some sighseeing (there is sooo much to do) and we made it back to our room around 5 p.m. We walked into our room which was a studio, but really felt like a one bedroom. There was granite counter top and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen area. A pull out couch with a flatscreen tv in the livingroom area. (kitchen and livingroom were one room) then the bath romm and a separate bedroom with another flatscreen tv. The celings were all exposed wood with brick walls in the bedroom. We were blown away with the place. We were tired from our day and decided to order in dinner and enjoy our room. It was perfect because my daughter camped out in the living room watching her shows and my husband and I had the bedroom to relax and watch our own tv. Breakfast was great! Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels and more. Those that worked the breakfast area were terrific. They were constantly cleaing and refilling the food stations. Can't find anything negative to say about the hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New Canaan, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This newish hotel is way convenient to a number of fine restaurants & bars, the harbor, & central Boston. Complimentary breakfast served is very good, more than ample, with a large range of selections. We enjoyed it.

The renovation of the building from industrial facility to a hotel must have been very "big budget." But...there are quirks. The lighting in our suite was so subdued as to be annoying. Difficult to read a newspaper in the living area without sitting directly next to a lamp. (Lots of very low wattage bulbs going on here.) Beware of your room's thermostat. No matter what temperature we set it at, we froze in the shower, the fittings of which were loose & difficult to use. And don't be surprised, if you find behind the bedroom curtains, a smallish window with no view & a very large brick wall. Almost no natural light in our suite. Almost like living in a vault.

Hotel staff people were excellent & very helpful.

All in all, this place deserves more attention to the HVAC system & lighting in the rooms. Nice hotel but we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Orangevale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I were on an extended trip from La La Land California to explore the East Coast recently. We are retired seniors-- but adventurous. We booked the Residence Inn Downtown Seaport Boston using Marriott Reward Points. Since we usually stay in timeshares and JW Marriotts, we enjoy having more space in our room and being able to utilize a small kitchen. So this hotel appealed to us in a large city. The location seemed central for walking, and I liked the photos and the fact that it was brand new. We easily found the hotel. The staff was welcoming, helpful, and gracious. They all seem to be very enthusiastic and go out of their way since the hotel had recently opened. The hotel is very unique to the Marriott system, in fact we were told that Mr. Marriott himself had recently come to "check it out" being such a unique property. (And maybe somewhat experimental, who knows?) It is a creatively remodeled old, and I mean OLD historic building. Much of the original has been preserved and incorporated into modern architecture. The result is a very hip, cool feel. Our first reaction was my facebook post "This place is much too cool for us!" But it was actually fun, and the unit was comfortable enough. We felt like we were playing "hipster" and were young, working professionals from out of town doing business in Boston. (As most there appeared to be.) A nice breakfast came with the booking each morning. Everyone was friendly and there was a nice "vibe". We stayed two nights. We slept well, and even entertained friends in our room for happy hour one evening after a day of sightseeing together. We had a very nice stay and I would surely recommend. The parking is a hassle (as most places in a city) and the rates are not cheap, but the location is great.

Room Tip: No room has a good view, but higher floors seem less claustrophobic.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

In a pinch, I found room at this Residence Inn (during the World Series) at a very reasonable rate. It's now my go to hotel in Boston. It's very close to the seaport (Hyatt and Intercontinental are very close) and super convenient to the T - just a short walk to the Red Line.

It's a beautiful, modern hotel renovated from an old warehouse. Exposed brick and beams and a ridiculously awesome breakfast. This hotel will not disappoint. I could not be happier.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

After originally being booked at an extremely high-end hotel in Boston and then re-booked into another high-end chain hotel, my company travel department finally booked me into this Residence Inn due to their preferred rate agreement with this property. And I am SO GLAD they did!

After investigating this hotel online pre-trip and checking out reviews and pictures, I had a feeling it would be right up my alley. First, the hotel is in a great part of town - people walking about, visiting the various eateries and shops along Congress and the side streets. The area has an urban renewal feel to it, so the style of the hotel fits right in. Second, the aesthetic of the hotel was amazing. I believe the space was originally used for industrial purposes, but has been fashioned into a mix of modern design with warm touches. I likened my room to a loft apartment, with high ceilings, exposed ductwork and wooden beams, and tall windows. I called my husband and told him I was moving in! Third, the staff were wonderful with anything and everything I needed, including hailing cabs - which was not easy with the town being packed with World Series fans.

Other than what I have already told you about the room, it was the little touches that made it even better. Being a Residence Inn, of course there was a kitchen with a full-size stainless refrigerator, microwave, and stove top for cooking. They provide two bar-style chairs and a table for two, in case you want to sit down and have a snack. The work desk area was quite spacious, with plenty of outlets for managing your electronics. In fact, there were outlets ALL OVER my room - built into the sofa arm, built into the bedside lamps, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, etc. The sofa included a chaise section for relaxing with a small table you could move around if you were eating or using your computer. The floors are a hardwood-type composite, but area rugs add a cozy touch, and the bedroom is carpeted. The climate control for the space worked great, especially on those chilly New England mornings.

The location is perfect if you are doing business in the Financial District of Boston. Just walk out and over the Congress Street bridge, and you are there. If you are visiting the city with kids, the Boston Children's and Boston Tea Party museums are about 1/4 mile walk. I really want to go back on a family trip, and this is where we will stay.

Hot breakfast is included with your stay, and they even offer a small dinner buffet on some weeknights (check the hotel website for details). My only point of contention is that the water could have been hotter during my shower. Other than that, I will miss my 'apartment' in Boston!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business