“Yummy egg tarts!” 4 of 5 stars

boston
“Yummy egg tarts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

5 stars for bakery:

Every single time I go to Boston's Chinatown, I visit Great Taste Bakery for their egg tarts. They also have really great lemon cakes. Their pastries are fresh and delicious. They always have a lot of customers, so you know that their pastries haven't been sitting around for long.

3.5 stars for restaurant:
The food at the restaurant is good, but not great. I highly recommend East Ocean City if you're looking for great Chinese food. The prices are higher there, but worth it!

Visited October 2013

MIdwest US
“Good cheap eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have only eaten at the bakery, so I cannot comment on the restaurant, but if you're looking for tasty cheap eats in Boston, you cannot go wrong with one or two of the Char siu bau (bbq pork bun) followed by one of the most delicious red bean paste buns I've ever eaten. And they were only 90 cents each! The buns were soft and slightly chewy with just the right amount of tasty filling. Only a few short blocks off touristy-Boylston, this is a great lunch or snack break.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great value, authentic Hong Kong-style diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Understandably crowded, modestly sized Cantonese diner paired with busy takeout counter. Good if standard range of HK diner-style noodles and rice meals, and a regular haunt for several local Cantonese folk if their conversations were any guide.

Visited August 2013
“Order the red bean bun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved this tiny bakery/restaurant in Boston's Chinatown! Ordered the red bean bun! Only .90 cents and it was fabulous. Melted in my mouth! Stop in! You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
south Florida
“Good food—standard Chinatown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The beef with pickled veggies—delicious. That's the main take-away from my visit at about 8:30 on a Sunday night.

The window menu looked very much like any of a dozen other places within a couple of blocks and I saw several tables open, so I entered. I was quickly seated and given tea. I surmise that they were understaffed this evening; I'd gotten to the point that I said, "If the waitress doesn't return by this time on my watch, I'm walking," and she arrived literally about ten seconds before that point. She and one other (maybe a third?) were *constantly* moving to get things done, so I ordered. She asked, "You SURE you want pickled vegetables?" I assured her, I did.

The initial service gap may have been an anomaly—maybe some complications clearing away another large group—because my meal arrived in a reasonable time, and it was delicious. Another crowd was arriving as I began expecting my check. But that came through also in a suitable time frame, so I left satisfied (with leftovers—good for breakfast).

The main room looks alright, though from my seat—facing across into the bakery (which I didn't try)—the walls and doors of the storage areas are all badly scuffed. Not unsanitary or unappetizing, just not appealing.

• Visited May 2013