“Authentic neighborhood breakfast joint” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sorella's
388 Centre St, Boston, MA 02130-1876 (Jamaica Plain / Mission Hill)
(617) 524-2016
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,382 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain / Mission Hill
Bethesda, Maryland
“Authentic neighborhood breakfast joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'd give Sorella high marks for atmosphere, price and variety. But stay away from anything with hazelnuts in it. They buy them in bulk and their rancidity will ruin your pancakes.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“sorellas :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Dear Sorella's,

I am new to the JP area, yet I have been here several times.....usually only if Centre Street Cafe has a line!!! The food is just alright (homemade is better), but you do have a great selection. HOWEVER the other day I was in Sorellas for a late brunch, with my boyfriend and little brother who is special needs. Our initial service was so incredibly rude, it was noticed by the table next to us.
Fortunately every time we have gone to Sorella's we have had cash on us, so we never actually noticed the no cash policy. Well soon my boyfriend realized he needed to run to the ATM. It took him about 30 minutes. The manager (or whoever the big guy is) came over to me and essentially berated me, telling me it was ridiculous we weren't prepared to pay. I was so embarrassed, we just hadn't realized it was cards only, nor was there anyone waiting for the table. He continuously asked how long he was going to be at 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, until he finally got aggressive after about 20 minutes....at which point i should have just left. I was so upset. I have never been treated this way by anyone at a restaurant. I will never go here again. I will never let friends or family go here again. I will always wait in line at Centre Street Cafe, where the food is unreal and the service is the best.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Always a good decision”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Sorella's has everything you could want in a Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch place. Cash only for this wonderfully brunchy goodness. Decadent omelets the size of your face make you more full then you ever thought you could be on eggs. They also have a ton of stuff for you veggies out there.

They aren't very expensive, so if you want to fill yourself to the brim, this is the place to be.

The service is friendly but a bit slow, but you will always recognize friendly faces. The more you go in, the better service seems to be .

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gingerbread pancakes and cornbread french toast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

If you went here every weekend for a year, you still would not get through all the choices on the menu. Pancakes, crepes, omelettes. Leave the calorie counter at home. Sorella's puts all its effort into the food and that is fine by me. It is flavorful and plentiful.

Come here for the food, not for the decor and the atmosphere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A friend once described...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

A friend once described this place as eating breakfast at your friends' house, but those friends don't really like you. Delicious pancakes, overwhelming omellettes, inconsistent service. Better to go during the week than on the weekends.