“Weird location but great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rino's Place

Rino's Place
258 Saratoga St, Boston, MA 02128-1616 (East Boston / Logan Airport)
617-567-7412
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Weird location but great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ok, I'm a foody or foodie not sure how to spell it. I like to try different places and food. If it says home cooking I pass because I get good home cooking at home. That's simple!
Saw Rino's on DDD and wanted to try it. The GPS got me there without problem and parking was easy within the block, got there around 11:30 on Good Friday. Saw that a wait line was forming so stuck my head in the door gave my name and got in line, I was #7. Beautiful day so stood outside and chatted with others who were waiting. There was a party of 10 celebrating something and when they left it cleared a bunch of tables. My wait was less than an hour.

I ordered the DDD featured lobster ravioli and it was great! It came with a salad and bread and both were very good. I should have waited and ate the bread with the ravioli as there was so much sauce I had to get extra bread to clean my plate. Actually, I couldn't clean my plate there was just too much!

I'm not used to house made pasta or ravioli so it was a little thicker pasta than I expected but oh so lovely. One reviewer said theirs had very little lobster, I just can't believe that. I thought I was eating a whole lobster with big chunks. On top they have a great sauce with even more lobster.

The place is tiny but works well. I was impressed at how many regulars were there being greeted with a kiss or warm handshake. It's the kind of place I would love to have in my neighborhood.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to live in Rino's neighborhood. The streets and sidewalks were literally covered with garbage. I've lived in third world countries and seen better. Shame on the people of this neighborhood for allowing this to happen!

If you want to see the kitchen just use the restroom, you walk right through the kitchen.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Haverhill, Massachusetts
“My TERABLE complain”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I saw your restaraunt on the show diners drive- ins dive and your food looks AMAZING but when I went there I did not know there was a waiting list so I wanted to go to there with my family for dinner and It was VERY hard to find parking so when I FINALLY got a parking space and I had to walk about 2-3 blocks it was tirering but I got there and the guy asked are you on the list and we said what list and the guy asked without saying hello or hi how are you and I thought that was rude we stayed quiet for 1 minute and he asked again rudly and asked ARE YOU ON THE LIST we said no and I asked how many people are on that list he said 40 people we said ok thank you and left I was MAD!!!! And the guy knew I was Spanish and gave me a dirty look

• Visited March 2013
“Shamely overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Had been dying to go to Rinos since it aired on DDD got some app's calamari very good other than the pound of salt used on it, the stuffed mushrooms ok and the asparagus wrapped in procuto was out of this world now for the main dish the heart clogging lobster raviolis well not sure why they are called lobster because I don't thin there was 1 ounce of meat in them. On DDD they showed the owner making them he said he uses 2 lobsters per order well not even close honestly there might be 1 claw in the whole dish otherwise they were pretty good mainly because of the pint of heavy cream that must be used in the sauce. One thing I did leave full but why too much hype about this over rated place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Best ever lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived at 11am for a special birthday lunch. It's not often that we organize ourselves for such an early lunch, but we were worried about the wait. No problem, first ones there and BOY did we LOVE it. Debbie our waitress was "the bomb", so great. Catered to our every need and made the day extra special. Yeah to the lobster ravoli, the ravoli side she recommended; the veal/eggplant combo. Well we did need a "doggie bag", as the portions were big...but no complaints there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is THE PLACE for great Italian food in or around Boston.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Fish...Pork loin... Seafood... Lobster ravioli... Pasta OMG. You can't find one bad thing here, every meal is a treat.
I recently had the pork loin... Terrific !!
Served with fingerling potatoes, asparagus, and a wonderful pan gravy.
5 STARS all around.