“A nice little gem in the heart of the North End” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Strega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 2,881 Restaurants in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: MBTA Blue Line Aquarium, Government Center MBTA Orange Line Haymarket Station
Description: Strega is a hip Italian restaurant in the North End. Come enjoy fantastic food and a great atmosphere!
Kent
“A nice little gem in the heart of the North End”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I ate here with two colleagues while on business in Boston. We had tried another restaurant a few doors down, which was closed, and were directed to Strega. We later realised that there are 3 restaurants in the same chain (the names of the others I cannot remember).

The restaurant itself is very nice. There are plenty of pictures on the wall of stars that had eaten there (which I actually find a bit tacky) and a massive wall of screens showing Italian blockbusters (Goodfellas, Wise Guys, The Godfather etc.).

Our waiter was very attentive and the service throughout our stay was excellent. We were constantly asked if we were ok and how our food was. It was a nice touch.

I opted for the Strega dish, which consisted of king prawns and scallops in a creamy sauce with fresh fettucinni. It was divine and the scallops were the sofest I have ever eaten. The pasta was lovely and soft, could tell it was freshly made. The only problem was that it was so filling I couldn't finish it all!!!

A very nice lunch in an interesting area. If you love Italian and love Boston you have to check out this place!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Italian in Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Personal attention of the entire staff only enhances this great dining experience. House specialties were superb! I had surf and turf -tender, juicy steak with a delicious lobster tail stuffed with crabmeat. Atmosphere is very comfortable for large groups or couples. Jimmy and Phil have customer service perfected.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Good food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was in Boston on business and this restaurant was recommended by my customer. Great choice. The food was excellent but the service was out of this world. Great waiter but I was really impressed by the man working the dining room. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. When we were ready to leave they had to call multiple cabs because we were all going back to different hotels. After waiting 15 minutes I asked the hostess to check on the cabs. The "man" overheard my second request and instead made a call and a limo was there in 2 minutes and took us all to our hotels. No charge but of course we did each tip him. They went the extra mile.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Rude Maitre D”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Unfortunately, I cannot review the food at Strega, since I never got the opportunity to eat there. I had a reservation and arrived early. Knowing that I would have to wait, my husband and I grabbed a drink in the bar area and chatted. We were in no rush at all, out in the city for a bday celebration and had just come from Artu having a pre-dinner cocktail. Anyway, at 6pm, we decided to check to see how long the wait would be (our reservation was at 6) to see if we should get another drink or wait to get wine at the table. The Maitre D rudely replied that it would be a little while longer, that it was only 6:02 just now. His attitude was unnecessary. We weren't complaining or rushing. We decided to finish our drink and take a walk across the street to cantina italiana, where they were nice, hospitable and found us a table right away.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Agressive waiters”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

While the food was good, our group felt fleeced and rushed. The waiter offered to choose appetizers and entrees to share Italian family style. He brought too much food and we couldn't eat it all. The bill was correspondingly higher as we were charged for much more food than we could eat. Our fault I suppose for letting him order for us but one supposes that they will be fair about it.

• Visited October 2012