“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucia Ristorante

Lucia Ristorante
415 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113-1319 (North End)
617-367-2353
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucia Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 2,815 restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Harris Street
illinois
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a noodle special that had huge very tasty scallops and lobster. Everything was awesome including the service. Reservation are recommended it was crowded to get in. Will definitely go back next time we are in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Corona del Mar, California
“This is tremendous Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have eaten here a couple of times whenever we are in Boston. We have tried a lot of the North End restaurants but this is the best.

Visited August 2013
Warren, Rhode Island
“Dinner was Good - Appetizers were Not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband, best friend, and I went here after spending the afternoon in Boston. We went in around 4:45p.m. on a Saturday and were seated right away even without a reservation. The waitress did come right away to fill out glasses with water, so that was good.

We ordered two appetizers, the fried calamari (calamari fritti) and caprese. The calamari was probably the toughest calamari that I had ever eaten, and I only had about two pieces before I found it unbearable. My husband and friend also found them to be very tough. The caprese was sliced mozzarella and tomato. It was good, but nothing spectacular about it. The bread that was given was nice, real Italian bread, and I liked that.

I ordered the lamb special for dinner. It was lamb with a mushroom glaze and broccoli rabe. I thought my dinner was very good, the lamb was cooked the way I had ordered it and was very juicy. Only downside was that my side dish of pasta was VERY overcooked. I am a person who likes their pasta al dente, so this was not good for me. My best friend ordered chicken cacciatore, which she did not like, she wished it had tomato sauce, and felt that the dish needed garlic. My husband ordered a chicken dish which he enjoyed.

The bathroom at the restaurant was a one stall bathroom meant for both sexes. It was clean and worked properly. Service was decent,and the food came quickly.

I expected more from a North End restaurant. I have eaten on Federal Hill in Providence (similar to the North End) and those restaurants are far better than this one.

I would probably not return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Difficult to review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

As someone who has been to Italy many times, I can honestly say that if this restaurantwas actually in Italy it would rate as poor. But its not its in Boston, hence ive given it 3 stars.

The calamari starter was very tasty, and the tomato sauce with it was pleasantly spicy. The Veal main course was bland and the linguine served with it was watery.

I was seated downstairs, and I did feel a bit like I was shut away down there, it was not busy. The bar lady served me at first, before a waitress appeared. The bar tender was pleasant enough, the waitress was less than useless and brought me bread as I finished my main course.

I was hugely annoyed to be offered the check before id even finished chewing my last mouthful of main course, and I still had a full glass of wine to drink. I was not offered coffee or dessert, just the bill. This is a pet hate of mine in American restaurants. The total for one person was nearly $50 without tip, which has addedto my overall score of average for this restaurant.

Its very unlikely I would return here.

Visited September 2013
“Undiscovered Gem in North End”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the Homemade Lasagna which had to be the best we've ever had! And the Veal calabrese was excellent! This restaurant has such a local feel with the painted fresco ceiling!

• Visited September 2013