“So good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Giacomo's Restaurant

Giacomo's Restaurant
355 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113-1910 (North End)
617-523-9026
Neighborhood: North End
New York
“So good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I was definitely prepared to be critical. I was told that standing in a blizzard was worth it, and I was not let down! The tiny seating area is no bigger than my apartment's living room, but the service was great and the food was to die for! Amazing food: fresh pasta, great seafood.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sewell, New Jersey, United States
“Amazing food, rude staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

There is usually a line down the street but we happened to walk by around 5 and there was no line and we were able to walk right in. Megan, one of the servers, abruptly told us that our table for two was at the bar. We were not asked if we minded sitting at the bar (which is always the case at other restaurants where it is given as an option); we were told to sit there. I told her that we didn't want to sit at the bar so she reluctantly told us to sit at either one of two tables set for four. We were happy she wasn't our server. The young man who brought us water was not friendly either, and I felt like I was bothering him when I asked for a cup of ice.We sat for a few minutes without a menu when a friendly server named Lynn brought us menus. We are Italian and eat out all the time but my husband said the fra diavolo sauce was the best he's ever had, and he's eaten in Italy. My special with homemade fusilli and giacomo sauce was spectacular. The Caesar salad and bread were delicious too. Good thing we didn't walk out with the first impression we received because it was the best meal we had in Boston. My 5 star rating is for the food, not for the ambiance or staff, aside from Lynn who was nice and pleasant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing food, so so waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Waited only 20 minutes to get in and the food was amazing. Fresh pasta, great seafood and great prices. The atmosphere was really nice.... Too bad our waiter was so jaded and unenthused which is truly rare in this wonderful city.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
toronto
“So Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We walked by this restaurant several times and always saw people waiting outside for tables so we were pleasantly surprised when we were able to be seated directly, late one night. Our waiter was happy to give us his opinion of our choices and we stuck with his recommendations which turned out so well. He was a real character and we enjoyed his service. The food was amazing and great value. I hope someday to dine here again.

Visited August 2014
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Best Italian Ever !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Didn't know what to expect...all the reviews were raves, but did mention a wait in line. We went on a Monday, got there at 4:15, and were #10 in line. Made the 1st seating. When we finished, the line was around the corner. WORTH IT ! The food was the best, the menu varied and the prices unbelievably low. I had the well mentioned butternut ravioli , my husband had the shrimp and scallops pasta with house special sauce. Both were noteworthy. My husband and our waitress took a walk down memory lane when he mentioned he had gone to BC High. She had been there for many dances. She was great fun. Go, go, go......you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere