“YUMMY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Giacomo's Restaurant

Giacomo's Restaurant
355 Hanover St, Boston, MA 02113-1910 (North End)
617-523-9026
Neighborhood: North End
Crown Point, Indiana
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Some of the best Italian food we have had in a long time! Had the calamari which was so good, i wanted a second plate! the entree was a huge portion and definitely worth the wait!

Visited June 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“My favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is my favorite place to go and know that you are always going to have an excellent meal. Don't be in a hurry because chances are you are going to have to wait in line. So what? If you want crappy food you can go to McDonalds and not wait at all. My husband and I have litterally tried everything on the menu and seriously you can't go wrong with whatever you choose!

Visited June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food in a small place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The lines are long but mama keeps order of who gets in. Once inside, the food is excellent. Space is saved by writing the menu on the wall. Ordering is quick and efficient. You never feel rushed, even though you know others are waiting.

When ordering, don't forget an appetizer. The calamari was served with some fried onions -- interesting. Pasta is ordered based on shape, meat, and choice of sauce. Recommendations are on the menu and always a good choice

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Media, Pennsylvania
“An interesting atmosphere and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My bf and I went here around 8pm on a Wednesday night. We lucked out and didn't have to wait in line. I loved this place for the reasons most people hate it. I can understand why locals and a lot of tourists don't like going here. You are elbow to elbow with other tables, it's loud and chaotic and hot. We were so close with the other tables that we ended up having fun conversations with other patrons. It was fun.
We got fried calamari appetizer which was delicious. I got linguini with scallops and shrimp in red sauce(lobster based); again delicious. My bf got the same except he got a spicy sauce and he loved his dish too. We didn't feel rushed to get in and out at all. I would go back, but if I lived in Boston I wouldn't go very often.
They also don't serve desserts but there are many pastry shops nearby, ask the staff for recommendations.
Cash only. No reservations or call ahead seating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Standish, Maine
“Have to add this to your bucket list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Real italian cooking without a bunch of frills. When you visit you HAVE to be sure to arrive early or you WILL wait in line outside. The place seats 27 at a time, and they really MOVE people thru this place. Fun, bustling and delic. If you want quiet and romantic-try another of the many places on this street alone. The food is very fresh and comes just as described. Just YUM and the price is very good. We ate huge platefuls (hubby got Veal parm and I got the chicken marsala and we split a capese salad with awesome tomatoes-mozz a little bland), everything was freshly made, including pasta and beautiful. All told we spent $80 for the food and a bottle of wine and the tip! Wow! Will try other places next time but also want to try the South side one. Do it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere