“way over priced, found the service good but very disappointed in the quality of the food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mamma Maria

Mamma Maria
3 North Sq, Boston, MA 02113-2404 (North End)
(617) 523-0077
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,831 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Prince Street
Transit: T to Haymarket or Government Center.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

London
“Superb seafood (even for meat lovers!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

On the basis of my TripAdvisor research, I chose Mamma Maria for our first night in Boston (and indeed the first evening meal of our 3-week holiday to America). I was not disappointed.

Mamma Maria is a lovely neighbourhood restaurant at the edge of the North End. We had a lovely table by the window in the light and airy upstairs dining room and the food was first class. I started with the special starter of the day, monkfish with chorizo and gnocci in a spicy red pepper sauce, and went on to have halibut with morels and parsnip puree. Now, as an enthusiastic chomper of all things meat, I was taking a bit of a risk. I’m not normally one to make a beeline for seafood when I eat out (this is a generally sensible policy in London, where I come from), but both of my fish courses and my boyfriend's starter of seared scallop were so fresh and flavoursome that they were as rewarding to eat as meat. I was so satisfied with my halibut, I didn’t even envy my boyfriend his rack of lamb with spicy sausage! Whilst perfectly well executed, the lamb didn’t strike me as anything special that I couldn’t get at home. The seafood is definitely the way to go here - don't miss out!

Los Angeles, California
“Surprisingly fresh and inventive. Decent service. Cramped setting. Unimaginative but pleasantly ethnic wine list.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great for private functions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

Great for private functions.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not a bad place foods fresh and overflows off the plate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

Not a bad place foods fresh and overflows off the plate