“Friendly staff, great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mamma Maria

Mamma Maria
3 North Sq, Boston, MA 02113-2404 (North End)
(617) 523-0077
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,846 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Prince Street
Transit: T to Haymarket or Government Center.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off here with a couple of colleagues after a recommendation. We were early, in a hurry and the place was booked out but still they were happy to accommodate us seated at the bar. The staff were so friendly and welcoming and the setting very smart, but homely. As I say, we were in a hurry (I had a plane to catch!) so only had a bowl of pasta and drinks; but the rabbit pasta was fantastic and the chianti also great. All in all could not have asked for more - thank you! Will definitely be back next time I'm in Town - if you're looking for great pasta and great service in Boston look no further!

Visited June 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It rivals Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The reviews on TripAdvisor are right on. Our waiter was very helpful, professional and obviously loved his job. The atmosphere was lovely and romantic. I got the rabbit dish that was heavenly. I would love to go back and try their famous Oso Buco. Our waiter recommended a wine that was one of the least expensive on the list and was divine! I have not been back to Italy in 12 years but this experience definitely compares to my memory of meals there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York, NY
“Great space, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Found this place doing a yelp search as we wanted to eat somewhere in North End. I'm glad we ended up here as it was a great meal. We sat on the "terrace" portion, although it was still indoors but we had a view of the street. The food was just delicious. I'd go again and I recommend you do to!

Visited June 2013
Evanston
“A very good upscale Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found the reviews on Tripadvisor right on. We would just note the very non-standard vegetarian ravioli. Rather than the typical ricotta and spinach or pumpkin, these ones were filled with corn, sautéed arugula, and roasted red bell pepper with a hint of lemon – very, very good. The dessert, too, was an original take on the ordinary tiramisu. Ambience is relaxed and pleasant and service is professional and welcoming.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chester, ct
“Outstanding and worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We hadn't been to the North End in a long time and were looking for an above average Italian meal, but not red sauce. The reviews on Trip Advisor led us to Mamma Maria's. We sat upstairs in a lovely enclosed porch with all the windows open on a beautiful warm night. Our waiter, Andi, was simply the best! I can't say enough wonderful things about dear Andi from Albania by way of Firenze. He knew his menu and his wines. We ordered a somewhat expensive wine (the wine list is very pricey!!), which we really didn't like, and he took it back no questions asked. Of course, we then ordered an even more expensive wine, but at least it was fabulous.
The food was inventive, unusual and incredibly delicious. I had Carpaccio with truffles followed Rabbit Pappardelle. Both were fabulous. My husband had Burrata with beautiful Campari tomatoes followed by a wonderful veal chop. Our neighbors were raving about the Suckling Pig and the Bolognese Pasta. Most of the main courses were reasonably priced...in the $20's and $30's, but the expense comes when you add a $16 - $18 appetizer. But it was worth every penny. Even the country style bread with yummy pesto was a winner.
I also liked the easy Open Table reservation option.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere