“Died and gone to heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mamma Maria

Mamma Maria
3 North Sq, Boston, MA 02113-2404 (North End)
(617) 523-0077
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 2,815 restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Prince Street
Transit: T to Haymarket or Government Center.
Inland NW
“Died and gone to heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I dined here with a few friends in the Piccolo Room-WOW!! What an evening...3 hours just wizzed by as we enjoyed one of the most memorable dinners. This I believe is my first across the board 5 star review on TP.

I could write more but it would not begin to do it justice. Go...enjoy. You will have no regrets aside from the evening ending...

• Visited February 2013

84% Recommend
Barrington, Rhode Island
“Nothing to fault”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As my husband and I finished our meal here at Mamma Maria on Friday night, I asked him what rating should I give the restaurant o TA. He replied that he found nothing to complain about, especially since we showed up on a Friday night at 8:00 with no reservation and they bent over backward to accommodate us. The food is creative and well prepared. We started with a warm mozzarella and tomato salad app and lamb gnocchi to share. If we had known we would be served olives with bread and a basil dipping sauce, we probably wouldn't have ordered two apps, but the imported mozzarella was warm and creamy and the tomatoes were perfectly roasted. The homemade gnocchi with a lamb ragu was rich, creamy and delicious. Our mains were roasted suckling pig with lentils for my husband and a rabbit pasta for me. Both were exceptional. The staff were friendly, accommodating and helpful. This will be our North End restaurant of choice from now on. I had read many reviews that commented on the noise level of the restaurant, and it's true, it's very noisy with convivial conversation (at least on the second floor, where we were) but it didn't bother us.

• Visited February 2013
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Exceptional Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Visited this past week and the food was excellent, the service was superb and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. We started with the scallops which were cooked perfectly and seasoned just right and for main courses went with the Rabbit Pasta and Osso Buco which were both so good we ended up swapping dishes midway through the meal so we could enjoy both! In all an exceptional meal!

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“New Years Eve was wonderful here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent our new years eve at Mama Maria and loved all 3 hours of it! Don't expect to be in a rush here, it's very much about enjoying the food and relaxing. The interior is well done in a slightly stuffy way, but if you enjoy it (I do), it will ingratiate itself with you!

Overall the food was well done, Italian and well presented. It was fun to say goodbye to the slightly older couples around us when we left just after midnight.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great experience. LOVE the atmosphere, incredible food, great service. Made us feel like we were back in Italy on our honeymoon! If going on a romantic date, be sure to reserve their single-table room (I think "table #19" or something like that). Pretty pricey, but we knew that going in so we weren't blown away. I don't feel ripped off, though...

• Visited January 2013