“Good Pizza, Average Overall” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pizzeria Regina

Pizzeria Regina
11 1/2 Thacher Street, Boston, MA 02113-1539 (North End)
(617) 227-0765
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: North End
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good Pizza, Average Overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am from NYC, so I know good pizza. This pizza is good, better than average. But it is not that good that it should be ranked so high. The place itself is crowded and we had napkins and stuff under our table from previous customers. They were playing loud music the entire time. It was ok to try once but not worth the walk from downtown Boston.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kentucky
“Awesome pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

If you are in Boston and like pizza, go here. Some of the best pizza we have ever eaten. Restaurant is very small so be prepared for a weight even in mid afternoon. Couldn't believe how reasonably priced it was! We will definitely go back the next time we are in Boston.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Hampshire
“Excellent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

There are plenty of other reviews here about the ins and outs of Pizzeria Regina, so I'm going to do this review a bit differently. I'm going to compare Santarpios in East Boston to Pizzeria Regina.

I've been going to Santarpios for years, and, in my opinion, is some of the best pizza I've had anywhere in the world. So, when I went to Pizzeria Regina, it had a high standard to live up to. Overall I still think that Santarpio's has better pizza, but Pizzeria Regina is a close second.

Waiting/Parking: At both S and PR, you'll wait in line to get in. Though, I think that S is a bit bigger so the line may move more quickly. Also, no parking at PR, but S has a parking lot across the street.

Service: Both S and PR have the same rough-around-the-edges type of staff. Personally, I think this is great, and what makes both places unique.

Non-pizza food: PR has only pizza, whereas S has sausage/lamb tips as well.

Pizza Dough: I think that PR has better dough/crust than S. While S's crust is good, I think that PR's crust is a little more substantial and has a better flavor.

Pizza itself: S focuses more on simple, quality pizza. You can get toppings a S, but you're not going to see the complex combinations like PR has. Though, some of PR's topping combinations are outstanding. They have really thought through the pizza combinations they make. Overall, I guess which is better depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a pizza loaded with toppings and lots of complex flavors, go to PR. If your looking for a great, simple pizza with fresh ingredients, go to S.

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Dreaming of this pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Its been almost 2 weeks since I ate this pizza and I think about it everyday... It's that good! We waited about 20 minutes in line and this was before the dinner rush. (5pm on a Saturday). It was well worth the wait! We actually sat at the bar and got really good service. I ordered the St. Anthony white pizza. Sooo amazing. It was loaded with toppings including their delicious Italian sausage. The dough and the cheese were perfect! Best pizza I've ever eaten and also very reasonably priced. By the time we left, the line outside more than doubled... so go early! This place is a must if you're visiting Boston. Just wish I could find something like this in Toronto :-(

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
raleigh, NC
“amazing pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Yes, you will wait in line but you have to go. We waited about 20 minutes in line at 3 pm on a weekday...but it was worth it! The pizza was really great and fast service. Don't expect warm fuzzy service. They get you in and out but it is a fun atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pizzeria Regina? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pizzeria Regina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.