“Great hotel if visiting the Longwood medical area!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of enVision Hotel Boston

You added enVision Hotel Boston to your Saves list
enVision Hotel Boston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   81 South Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02130 (Jamaica Plain / Mission Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Witherbee, New York, United States
“Great hotel if visiting the Longwood medical area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

What a great find! I stayed here two nights and couldn’t believe how convenient the hotel was to everything. The “T” and bus stops almost in front of the hotel, which was great that we didn’t have to drive and pay for parking in the city. Parking at the hotel was only $18 dollars a night and was located right behind the hotel. We forgot something in our car and it was so nice to be able to go to our car whenever we wanted.

The front desk was very helpful about calling us a cab if we needed one and recommending places to eat around here. We would definitely come back! Everyone is so helpful and friendly here and the hotel isn’t right in the middle of the craziness of Boston.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review, Julie B. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay at enVision Hotel and that you would like to come back! Public Transportation in Boston is a great alternative to driving, especially if you don’t want to deal with the hustle and bustle of city traffic. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were looking for a hotel not too far from the Boston hospitals. As others have noted, the price is much lower than other Boston hotels. I feel sure that is because of the area the hotel is in. I wouldn't have wanted to walk around. However, for our one night stay, it was a perfect choice. The valet parking is only $18, which is very reasonable for any big city. Our reservation was in order and our room was lovely. We heard no noise at all. We had a comfortable kind bed, three windows, and a lovely bathroom with tub and shower. Good TV and coffee pot in the room. What more could you ask for? The decor was very chic throughout the hotel. We would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Greetings Emilymolly and thank you for your nice comments. We’re happy you were able to take advantage of our special winter rates! The Mission Hill and Jamaica Plain area are primarily known for colleges and hospitals which makes our boutique hotel a great fit. We hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I took a chance on a small hotel in Boston we had never been to before. What an amazing find!! The personnel at this hotel from GM, to housekeeping were so friendly, helpful, and resourceful. They made our stay memorable. The room was quiet and clean and had both microwave and frig. Very close to many of the major hospitals in Boston. We will definitely come back. Thank you, EnVision for a wonderful stay in Boston!

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments Lynne! We loved having you here and appreciate that you recognize our efforts and attention to detail. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel because we were going to be in town for a birthday party. We didn't need anything fancy, just a place to crash for the night, and the price was surprisingly low for Boston. In fact, I would have been leery of booking it if I hadn't read some positive reviews. The short of it is that I would have been happy if they were charging quite a bit more. The room was extremely spacious, the bad comfortable, the place clean and the staff friendly and helpful. There is a bus stop right near the hotel and they do have valet parking for a fee (although the valet couldn't drive my stick shift, which was a little odd). While it is not a destination hotel, its hard to beat when you need a room for the night and don't want to break the bank.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review, Cairdhubain! We are delighted you and your wife took advantage of our winter rate deals! As you mentioned we are a boutique hotel and take pride in our service. We want to provide all guests a great room where they can relax and enjoy their time away from home. We hope to see you next time you come to Boston!
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I took our dog Magic to Angell Animal Hospital in Jamaica Plains/Boston for specialty veterinary care. The enVision Hotel is located a few blocks up from Angell and it proved to be very pet-friendly. An email I received after booking noted a 35-pound limit for dogs, and Magic wieghs 70-pounds, but I phoned and the manager said OK. (Dog poundage is not a good way to measure a dog's appropriateness for a hotel stay anyway. Magic is more civilized than many small dogs). I received my request for a ground-floor room near a door. The room was clean and pleasantly decorated and the bed was very comfortable. Front desk staff were all friendly and helpful (especially Ryan), which is the reason I have given them 5 stars despite an unfortunate incident at check-out: I had given them keys for valet parking, which I forgot to retrieve when I checked out. I phoned an hour later and the guy at the desk promised to mail the keys, but instead a manager emailed a couple days later wanting me to fill out a form, enclose photo-copies of my credit card front and back, etc. As they had used the card for my hotel bill and had entered my address when I checked in, and it was 1/2 their fault for not returning the keys, I thought this was excessive. Another phone call resolved the problem, without the red tape, and I received my keys 7 days after I left them there. If I need to make another trip to this part of Boston I will definitely stay at the enVision again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lisa Marie C, Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you MaineTumbleweed for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We love hearing about how much people enjoyed their stay at enVision Hotel. Ryan, along with the rest of our front desk staff, take pride in customer service and positive feedback is always motivating. On behalf of the hotel I want to apologize for the inconvenience and mix up with your vehicle keys. I hope Magic has a good and speedy recovery! We hope to see you again in the future!
Northbrook, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have family in Jamaica Plains, and for years bemoaned the utter lack of accommodations for travelers nearby. Thank you so much for the enVision Hotel Boston! Staff is welcoming and friendly. Location is not prime real estate, but absolutely convenient: Green T Line end-terminal a block away -- all of Boston available in minutes. Rooms are new . . . a bit small, but that's what you usually get in a redeveloped urban boutique hotel. Bedding is comfy, inviting. Heat/AC via wall mounted units . . . background noise. A la carte "cafe" is just lobby coffee and packaged food, but it's enough to get you started on the day. This is not a "destination hotel" by any means . . . but a wonderful place to rest a tired body after a day of touring a great city or visiting relatives.

Room Tip: Rooms right on the front get serenaded by passing streetcars . . . try to get rooms in the rear of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you TightLine2 for your stay at enVision Hotel Boston. We appreciate your feedback and I am happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. We hope you can stay with us again when visiting your family.
South Berwick, Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I were a bit worn and weary when we arrived at Envision Hotel at almost 2 am in the morning. We had spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a place to stay, which was almost impossible because most hotels were booked due to a Red Sox game. Without a prior reservation, we were able to get a room fairly easily because they had just opened and still had space available. The gentleman taking care of us was very friendly and we were grateful to be out of the heat. All I wanted was a nice bed, AC and a functioning shower at that point. All of these were up to par. I was impressed by the quietness and cleanliness of the room. Not to mention, the bed was so comfortable I wish I could have slept in there all day. I also liked how there was bottled water in the room as well as two sets of shampoo, conditioner, etc. It was small, but spacious and for $177, certainly much nicer than other rooms I've stayed in for about the same (or less).

Overall, if I found myself needing a place to stay in Boston again, I'd come back. The only qualm I have is location (since Boston is a bit confusing and it's on South Huntington, not Huntington Ave). That aside, now I know where it is so the next time shouldn't be so confusing!

I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled that you plan to return again in the future. That is the biggest compliment we could receive! I am please that we could get you out of the awful heat and into a nice comfy bed. Thank you for choosing enVision Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to enVision Hotel Boston? Share your experiences!