“Wonderful boutique hotel in the greatest city on earth!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of enVision Hotel Boston

You added enVision Hotel Boston to your Saves list
enVision Hotel Boston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   81 South Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02130 (Jamaica Plain / Mission Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Bath, Maine
“Wonderful boutique hotel in the greatest city on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

What a great experience! I visit Boston about every six months and will definitely stay here again. The staff is fantastic (Andre, Trevor, Aimee). The check-in process was smooth and my girlfriend and I absolutely loved the room. Valet parking takes the worry out of finding a parking spot in the city and the cost is VERY reasonable for what you might pay for parking in the Back Bay or other parts of the city. The beds were comfy and our room had a flat screen TV with a plethora of channels to choose from. The location is superb as well...just a short walk for the green "E" line that takes you right into the downtown area. As I said, i would definitely stay here again. Thank you enVision for making my experience in the Bean a great one. - Jason V.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the rear of the hotel. The trolley runs on South Huntington Ave., which i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you Jason for sharing your wonderful comments. We loved having you stay with us and are very happy you took the time to send us feedback. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Boston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Peekskill, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had a hard time choosing a unique hotel that fit in my budget (and wasn't a Best Western or something like that), and what I expected from what I saw online was directly met. Overall really nice boutique hotel ... clean, great design, brand new, nice location, great beds and size rooms ... close to food and activities and parks ... great staff. Although the parking was $18 dollars a day, that was cheaper than other places and the rate was so good to start (went through Expedia.com) we really didn't mind. Lots of nice little conveniences (T outside the door if you needed it, small cafe with snacks and drinks, small fitness center). 'Would most definitely stay here again when we come back to Boston.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I am thrilled that you had a pleasurable stay in our unique hotel. We are all very glad you enjoyed the value, location, staff service, and comfort of your guest room. You are always welcome back and we look forward to your next visit. Happy Holidays!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I picked this relatively hotel due to its price and proximity to the Longwood Medical Area. I was pleasantly surprised by almost everything at the hotel. There is a Green ‘E’ line trolley stop very close to the hotel that makes it easy to access the rest of the public transport system. There are also buses (#39 to Back Bay station, and #66 to Harvard Square) close by. There is pizza, Asian food, and Subway available within a block or two, open to 3am.

Arriving after dusk, I didn’t get a very close look at the building exterior. The lobby is small but the staff is extremely friendly. Check-in and out was a breeze, although the hotel was rather busy and there might be a short queue. There is a cleverly named Brew’ens Café offering hot and cold drinks, snacks, pastries, and Greek yogurt 24 hours a day. One would need to sit in the parlor, though, since there is maybe room for 4 people at max to stand in the area.

My room was a comfortable double on the middle of the first floor. The ceilings are high and the color scheme gave a modern but warm feel. The beds were very comfortable although if one is short or has mobility issue they might be a little tall. The bathroom was on the small side, but brightly lit and very clean. The fan for the bathroom was on the loud side. There was only one chair in the room to go with the desk, whereas a double would probably benefit from another chair. I appreciated the complimentary wifi and the hotel’s efforts to recycle with separate bins in the room.

Others have commented on the noise. As a city person it didn’t bother me, but on the first floor I could hear an occasional car passing at night. The front of the hotel faces a wide residential city street; the back faces a small highway.

I think enVision brings the best of a small charming European neighborhood experience to Boston for a reasonable price. I would definitely recommend it to others or stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Great comments Sokaiu, and thank you for choosing us for your accommodations in Boston. You make great suggestions about places to eat and public transportation options. I am very glad you "would definitely recommend" us to others, and we hope to welcome you on a future stay in Boston. In the meantime you can follow us on Facebook. Thanks again from all of us at enVision!
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had to go to Boston for a conference and trying to find something reasonably priced in this city is next to impossible but enVision was as "reasonable" within 10 minutes from the conference.

Place was clean and new, so new you could still smell the fresh paint and drywall. Some of the best points.

- Green Line Train, slow but efficient
- Staff were friendly and helpful
- Close to some quick food (Pizza - Chinese & Subway) great when the weather is lousy and you are restricted to transit.
- The neighbourhood looked really cool, wish I had time to explore.

I would stay again if i had business in the area.

Room Tip: The singles are a bit Dormish for my liking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at enVision Hotel Boston. We are delighted that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope that you will be able to explore the city a little more during your next visit to Boston. Thank you again for your review!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

we stayed at Envision friday 11/16/12. Hotel very clean, great aesthetics, close to Jamaica Plain, friendly staff, reasonable prices. no trouble with noise--we were in room 306. The bed was comfy, plenty of pillows, nice amenities--coffee, microwave, fridge, robe, slippers, etc. Only complaint was that the shower was cold for my husband at 7am and lukewarm for me at 8am...put a "damper" on the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks for your feedback Oliver, we are glad to see you had a mostly excellent stay with us. I apologize if the water took some time to heat up. I have our maintenance staff looking into the issue you mentioned. We all hope you consider staying with us again in the future, thanks again!
Hartford, Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at enVison on Friday and Saturday night while visiting with an old college friend who lives in the Boston area. A couple of things I'd like to point out is that it was a very clean hotel, the color schemes throughout the hotel made for an extremely modern look and feel, and the beds were wicked comfortable! If I’m ever back in the area I know exactly where I’m spending the night.

Room Tip: Use the valet, makes life easier.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. It's a joy to know that you had a phenomenal stay with us at enVision Hotel and we honored to see you again in the future!
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

this is a very clean clean clean new hotel I stay in hotels over 50 nights a year with choise hotell. I stay in ascension properties with my wife very clean great value. I would definitly recommend this hotel, very chic lobby and spacious rooms

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jim, we try our best to impress everyone but we especially love our choice privileges members. We couldn't be happier that you had a clean, enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again soon road warrior!

Been to enVision Hotel Boston? Share your experiences!