“What a perfect gem of a hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of enVision Hotel Boston

Save Saved
You added enVision Hotel Boston to your Saves list
enVision Hotel Boston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   81 South Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02130 (Jamaica Plain / Mission Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 77 hotels in Boston
Overland Park, Kansas
“What a perfect gem of a hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is perfect! The public transportation was just outside and another station a 4 minute walk away (which worked perfectly on the weekend). We parked our car and used the public transportation to get everywhere easily with no parking problems/city driving. The hotel is gorgeous! Everything is brand new and very, very cool/tastefully decorated. The staff couldn't be nicer. We walked to the Boston Fine Arts Museum easily and took the train down to Boston Commons, Harvard Square, etc. There is also a beautiful park just across the street (out the back entrance) that has trails, ducks and is just a wonderful piece of nature in the city. Also the bedding is to die for with feather top beds and such soft sheets. This place was awesome! Also don't miss the amazing soup restaurant by the Brookline Village t-stop (4 minute walk) called New England Soup Company for a perfect winter meal. Bliss! I can't wait to go back to the hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Trevor C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Great comments Cheryl, we couldn't agree more. We also love the tips about Olmstead Park out back and the New England Soup Factory just down the street. There is a lot to do around the hotel if you have an open mind! Thanks again for the review.

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Hotel is located very close to Longwood Medical area. Quick cab ride away. If the weather was nicer it would have been a ten minute walk. Staff was very helpful and professional. Hotel is brand new and the beds are very very comfortable. Enjoyed the IPod docking station. Neat idea! I will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Aimee P, Guest Relations Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
There is no greater compliment than to hear that our guests thoroughly enjoyed their stay at enVision Hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of the location near the Longwood medical area and we can't wait to welcome you back in the future!
Alvin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our recent stay at the enVision Hotel was during Hurricane Sandy. The staff was so friendly and tried to accomodate our every need. This is a new hotel with very nice rooms and extremely comfortable beds. Thanks to enVision for sheltering us through the storm. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms are the third floor above the reception desk were quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Trevor C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your praise and I am glad we kept you safe from the storm. We were very happy to have you stay with us and it was our pleasure to serve you!
Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Envision in late October. New hotel with comfortable rooms. Trevor and his staff are very friendly and accommodating. Location is very accessible to downtown by local transit. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you Envision for a great trip to Boston.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor at the back of the hotel which was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you Karen for your positive review! We loved having you stay with us and are very happy you took the time to send us feedback. We hope to see you on your next trip to Boston. Thanks again to our Canadian friends!
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Made reservation to stay EIGHT nights during College Parent's weekend and take days before and after the weekend. This place was rec'd by a family member who stayed ONE night.
Did not realize that it was a very tiny place in a rather bad section of Boston. Security not great- doorman absent often as is front desk:( ie. anyone can walk in); Ask basic questions to front desk personnel about transportation, local attractions, dining, discounts available, and got no help. Did not even offer to find out an answer. They have two cheap stationary "iPads" that have touch screens that are almost impossible to work. I was having difficulty working it and asked the front desk manager who was literally five feet away and he tried to show me with his finger and did not even get up to assist. The" iPads" do not print anything. If you want anything printed you have to send a document as an email to the front desk and they will try to do it. There is real no lobby. There is a VERY TINY closet sized space where you can purchase coffee and snacks, no milk.

Room was fine,clean, bed comfortable. But, very strange appliances- did not recognize names ( close out sale?) and microwave hard to work. TV fine but clicker did not work at first, had to have them work on it. First two days room was not cleaned. Had to have them come up at night w new towels/toilettries. When you leave your room the door does NOT SHUT all the way-- it rests on the lock. You have to wait till it gets to the lock and then push it shut. If you walk out quickly you would never know it. This is a SECURITY ISSUE.
Gym is in the basement level and must have just been painted and reeked of fumes, no windows. Again, weird brand name treadmill and stepper; Treadmill comes to a complete STOP when your times is up and there is no "cool down" and couldn't figure how to work it to add a few minutes for a cool down. When I left the gym, noticed the back door out to the street was OPEN and air blowing it back and forth. NOTE:The elevator to all the floors two steps from OPEN DOOR.
Looked around outside for perhaps a worker --- no one, just eerie neighborhood. So I shut the door. Went upstairs to front desk... nobody.... Saw someone out front and asked if he is the front desk person, and yes he was. Told him my safety concerns and he did not believe me. Told me there is no way the door would be open. And, there are security cameras at the front desk anyway ( Where NOBODY WAS!)Told him I would show him if he would escort me to the basement. He continued jokingly to tell me I must not have seen it properly and that it shuts.
So, we go down he opens the door with his slide key and he swings it open and tells me to "Watch" and we watch as it slowly almost shuts but two inches before the end-- it remains open. He then tells me he is strong and can protect me. JOKE JOKE. I told him that this is a major security concern and it is not a joking matter. He says don't worry.
I immediately called the 800 number for Choice hotels and by this time the Guest services/complaints Dept was closed and reservations could do nothing. I called in the morning and spoke to Guest Services and they said they would talk to the manager.
Next morning on my way out I spoke to FOUR people at front desk, all very early twenties, (naive) about the safety issue and they stared at me like I was CRAZY. One girl actually had to cover her mouth from laughing. One man about twentysomething yrs old, as seriously as he could muster, commented that yes it was a security issue and it was being addressed.

This is when I reported that my NINE night stay was being changed as I did not consider the place safe, and I was checking out the next day. ( MONEY LOSS). The manager than asked :"Is there anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable?" and, "Was your stay enjoyable?", I replied "NO, it wasn't and it is a bit too late to do anything now, thank you!"
Got back to room and there was a bag filled with treats from the pantry and a note that said thank you for staying with us. Very nice, but really what they need to do is GET TRAINED ON HOW TO BE A PROFESSIONAL. Take security issues seriously. Keep the front desk manned if you depend on security cameras at night. Get off the phone when a paying customer is standing there over five minutes at the desk waiting to speak to you. Put a new phone call on hold when you are in the middle of answering a question instead of taking the call that ends up being ten minutes while the customer (ME) is standing there waiting for the rest of what you were saying. Learn to find answers to questions instead of saying. "Geez I don't really know', get off your butt and help customers when they have difficulty using the iPad, find out names of restaurants, find out local discounts that come with the Charlie Card, know when the "T" stops at the hotel and when it does not, find out if there is construction on "T" and routes are changed: BASIC THINGS customers expect from a supposedly "Boutique Upscale Hotel".
Would never go back here again even though beds were great. I pay for more than beds.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight, a night stick, mace, your own laptop, and a good travel guidebook.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. Although I may have my opinion, I value yours and understand that you did not perceive the neighborhood to be safe. I can assure you that this is a very safe area and it will only improve in the years to come with new apartment and restaurant developments underway. To be honest, it is quite frustrating to hear these comments after I specifically went out of my way to ensure your satisfaction. It was not evident to me, or my fellow associates, that you were this unhappy with your experience. Not only is our desk always happy to help, but one associate specifically asking if you needed help with finding restaurants or travel directions and you declined. We offer the iPads as a unique business center option as space is limited in our lobby (as you mentioned). Most guests find them very easy to use and I’m sorry you were unable to print on them as they do print wirelessly to the front desk. I find it difficult to read the comments about our staff service as almost every guest makes a point to recognize how refreshing it is to find a cozy, affordable hotel that offers outstanding personalized service. Every staff member is personally selected and trained to go out of his or her way to assist all guests. I am glad that the comfort of our mattresses was the silver lining in your stay and I assure you that the in-room appliances are top notch in commercial options. I wish you the best in future travel plans and hope your family and friends back in the NJ area are safe and healthy.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I was responsible for finding our place to stay in Boston with friends. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and checking the nightly rates for October, I felt this was the place for us and we were not disappointed! People working the desk were helpful finding a place to eat, getting a cab, and making sure we were comfortable in our rooms. We got the two bedroom, two bath suite and it was perfect. We would definitely stay here again. Very clean.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We are delighted that your stay at enVision Hotel Boston was one that exceeded your expectations. Our staff works so hard to ensure that all our guests have an amazing experience from check-in to check-out and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at enVision for 3 nights in late August. We absolutely loved this place and the friendly staff. Hello Reid and thank you for your endless patience with all my questions! The beds were so very comfortable. We had a quiet room at the back of the hotel overlooking the park. I would definitely stay here again. This hotel is not across the street from the T line but just a short walk away.

Room Tip: Upper floor overlooking the park would be best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Trevor C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you Lori for the review! I agree that Reed is an asset to the hotel team. I will pass along the praise. I also see a trend here with many comments about the comfort of our mattresses. It only makes sense as our bedding package is on the same level as many luxury hotel brands. Next time you are looking to catch up on sleep, you know where to find us!

Been to enVision Hotel Boston? Share your experiences!