“Steve's Greek in Quincy Market” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Steve's Restaurant - CLOSED

Steve's Restaurant
316 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02115-2820 (Back Bay)
(617) 267-1817
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“Steve's Greek in Quincy Market”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I love me some Mediterranean/Greek food, and I was super excited to try Steve's. And I was sadly disappointed. The Avgolemono soup was salty and more acidic than lemony. There was plenty of chicken, but not enough rice. The Dolmades were ok. The grape leaves used to wrap them were hard to cut with a knife, and the filling could have been seasoned better. I wouldn't try it again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Excellent Middle eastern food in a casual setting. Wonderful staff, I will be back next time I am in town.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delaware
“Neighboorhood Gem Open for Breakfast on Newbury!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

There are very few reasonably priced breakfast options in the Copley Square/Newbury Street area if you are eating early on a Saturday morning. Our hotel wanted $26 plus tax each for breakfast which I found unconscionably overpriced. We found Steve's on Newbury by sheer luck. The food was excellent. I gambled on a gyro omelet which was incredible. My wife's and daughter's eggs Benedict and breakfast sandwiches were equally well prepared and tasty. The only caveat here is that if you are in a hurry, service is a tad slow; but I think it's worth the wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Launceston, Australia
“Great breakfast - good coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I really liked this place for breakfast. Fantastic menu. Incredible french toast with bacon and maple syrup. Yum! Good coffee. You can't go wrong here. Busy and good staff. Nice friendly welcome when you walk in the door even if you are not a regular. Good prices and fast service. I will be back next time I am in town. Thanks.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Good Greek food in a casual setting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We have visited Steve's for Greek food many times. We have a home in Back Bay and one of our favorite outings is stopping by Steves on our way to a night game at Fenway.
The atmosphere is causal and there are maybe twenty tables in the small dining room on Newbury and Haverford.
I always have a cup of the lemon soup which is a hosue specialty. This is most often followed up with a lamb souvlaki wrap which comes with delicious home made potato chips. We almost always stick with the basic shishkabob or gyro or souvlaki type of dishes. The wraps are a great value. They also have a range of greek, imported and domestic beers for good prices. I would avoid the wine - this is really not the place for that.The best part is that you are always out of there, satisfied and full, with $20or less per person taken from your wallet.
Steve's is not the place for a special night out but it is fantastic for a good lunch in the city or as I said before a game at Fenway. (your food will be dramtically better and cost about half of what you will spend at the ball park) Enjoy!
We love Steve's.