“Meh” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cactus Club
939 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02115 (Back Bay)
(617) 236-0200
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Hereford Street
Transit: Take the green line to Hynes Convention Center/ICA. When you exit the T station take a left onto Massachusetts Ave. Take your first left onto Boylston Street. Cactus Club will be one block down on your left side, on the corner of Boylston and Hereford Street after the fire department and across from Hynes Convention Center.
Alfred, New York
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Nothing was terrible, nothing was phenomenal.
The food was all ok, the drinks were good, service was not great, all around just an ok place. We went here our first night in town and did not make it a point to return.
I would go back if others wanted to, but would not make it my first pick either.

Visited February 2014

“Great margaritas, but sub-par food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The review I read that says the drinks are great, but Taco Bell has better food, hit the nail right on the head.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bermuda
“You can't pay me to go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went there for a girls night.. SO MANY THINGS WERE TERRIBLE. 1. called us to say they were going to cancel our reservation for being late, which we could not figure out as we had 1/2 of our party checked in and they were told it was no issue to go hang out at the bar while they waited 2. We were seated 3ft from the bar service area, you could not get a worse table.. There were 4 other tables that could accommodate our group there were empty the ENTIRE time we were there 3. I love a good Margarita, while I will say it was tasty it came in a regular glass strange as its a mexican restaurant but not the end of world. I just personally think if you are Mexican restaurant wide rims glasses are a must so you get the goodness of the salt with each sip! The mixture of salt and cocktail is what makes it good 3. Food was meh. I agree with the other reviewer Taco Bell has tastier food and Idont even eat at Taco Bell - Refried beans were the tastiest thing but be open to the beans being whole 4. ordered a cocktail bowl to share with my friend WORST MISTAKE it was DISGUSTING!!! I I never send back food and especially not drinks as I am usually to shy to say anything but it literally tasted as if they dumped a whole thing of Kool Aid in a pitcher.. (they had no bowls, although they advertise it which again not the end of the world) ..If the pitcher was 7 inches we drank to the 6 inch mark and I told the waiter that as much as it pains me to send back alcohol I could not drink anymore as my tongue was stinging.. Some time later he came back with a tasting straw and TASTED THE DRINK IN FRONT OF US AND MADE A DISGUSTED FACE which he quickly hid but watching him I called him out on it and he make a humorous attempt at covering but he knew it was a TERRIBLE drink.. Why the heck taste the drink in front of the table and then NOT take it off the bill or discount it knowing it was gross ?!?!? 5. I asked for water (frustrated at this point) stating that my tongue was still stinging from Kool-aid and he just put the pitcher on the table without filling the glass. I get its not a 5 star place but all night he was filling our glasses from the pitcher but then he decides not to do it any more. .. The server was friendly - I almost feel bad posting this review because he was pleasant but the service was lacking from everyone! Starting at the front of the house to the lack of concern to customer satisfaction to the meh food, WORST table for A NOT BUSY restaurant.. You could not even comp my meal to get me back in there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great drinks but Taco Bell has better food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Go here for drinks. Food was not good - tasted like microwave food. We had appetizers only. I would come back for drinks only. Good music.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went after a baseball game. It had a great vibe, great music and delicious margaritas. We tried the originals, jalapeno and cucumber ones and we loved all of them. We didn't eat, but the food we saw looked good....I'd go again!!

• Visited September 2013