“Gastronomic Excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Espalier

L'Espalier
774 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)
(617) 262-3023
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Espalier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,672 Restaurants in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, International, Continental
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield St.
Transit: Copley Square T
“Gastronomic Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

This experience at the Chef's Table in the kitchen is going to be a very memorable one. A 12 course meal served to perfection by a dedicated waitress at the same time you watch the activity in the kitchen. Due to the heat an AC unit was installed and we had a perfect temperature behind a glass partition. You are able to chat with all the chefs if they have free time. All the dishes served were excellent. Portions just right as would be expected from a 12 course meal.
The composition of each dish is explained as its served. Alot of produce is from their own farm mainly the vegs and herbs. The price is what you would pay for such culinary excellence. We did not go for the extra wine pairing but settled on wines by the glass. Suffice to say we walked back to our residence..Definetely a must

Visited May 2014

Irvine, California, USA
“simply the best in the United States”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This restaurant is an amazing experience. Plan at least 2.5 to 3 hours to savor this wonderful meal. the food is bursting with flavors and most of the produce is grown locally organically in the chefs organic gardens. Enjoy each course with a wine pairing for the ultimate dining experience. Always order the cheese tray at the end of your meal....the best I have ever had. This is my favorite restaurant in the United States. Worth the price. I have spent many years celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, New Years, etc. here! Wish they were still located at Glouster street address....very romantic and intimate. The new location offers more parking options and have more room to serve foodies like me!

• Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“In love!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I loved this restaurant. The food and ambiance were perfect. I am always delighted to experience good service, import wines of good quality and great food this side of the Atlantic. This is a restaurant for those who pay a unique experience not only food.

Hawaii
“Exciting and attentive dining event”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We went for a graduation celebration dinner, with three of us in the party. We ordered the Spring Prix Fixe and supplemented dinner with two half bottles of wine and tea with dessert.

A trout appetizer, petite hors d'oeuvres and breads were served as we sat in the quiet, dimly lit library. The staff were extremely attentive and explained the options well. We all chose the Georges Bank Scallops for the first course and they were plump and delectable. For the main course, my husband and I chose the Cider Roasted Duck, for a $20 supplement, and it was the best duck I've ever tasted. As the main course was prepared for service, two carving tables were brought out and the duck, which was embellished with flowers, was sliced and plated as we eagerly waited. With a thin fat layer and a mildly sweet glaze, the meat melted into my palate. My son ordered the Maine Beef Tenderloin, which looked good also. Each dish is embellished with herbs and a sauce which was added once served. Upon sharing bites, my son agreed the duck was better.

For desert, the chocolate souffle did not disappoint. The accompanying Chai Tea was tasty and spicy for an $18 per person supplement. The evening ended with a special desert presentation to my son congratulating him on graduation. We left feeling full and very satisfied. For three people our bill, with tip came to close $600. My only suggestion would be to have more reasonably priced wine options.

dobie2
“Saturday afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a fantastic place to bring a special someone for a calm, relaxing, quiet afternoon tea. The noise level is low so you can hear every word your date or friend has to say. The service is good and unobtrusive. My tea was constantly being refilled. My friend and I both got the Red Riding Hood which left us stuffed even though it seemed like everything was just a bite. The quality of the sandwiches, petit fours, scones, etc. were high. For the price though, I wouldn't have expected anything less (maybe even more). My sandwich was a little sloppily put together (bread didn't line up, filling kind of coming out). The staff was very courteous and friendly.