“Per Se or Daniel. But in Boston.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Espalier

L'Espalier
774 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02199 (Back Bay)
(617) 262-3023
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,784 restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, French, Continental, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield St.
Transit: Copley Square T
“Per Se or Daniel. But in Boston.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

If you liked Per Se or Daniel in NYC. Then you would love L'Espalier. Impeccable service. Amazingly creative food. Great for special occasions.

83% Recommend
Rome, Italy
“Exceptional dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoy doing a tasting menu while on vacation, and so I usually do a bit of research online to find the right restaurant. I am so very glad we picked L'Espalier as it was an exceptional experience. The chef's menu was very well crafted. The wine pairing was spot-on and well balanced between varietals and regions. Reservations are needed, but use the opportunity to request a window seat. As it the restaurant sits one floor up, you get a good view of a vibrant Boston neighborhood. One thing to keep in mind to avoid awkwardness: they do have valet parking, but it is not free. This detail was never mentioned, nether by the valet nor the restaurant itself. It costs $17, which was quite a bit more than the $5 I was trying to tip the valet thinking it was included.

• Visited July 2013
Westford, Massachusetts
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We recently enjoyed our anniversary dinner at L'Espalier. The service was outstanding, the decor was elegant yet comfortable and warm, and the location was superb. The food was - in a nutshell - outstanding. We enjoyed the summer menu and each course was delicious. I would recommend our dishes specifically, but I have little doubt that every one of the choices on the menu is superb. I am a very picky eater but would trust the chef with anything after just one meal. So glad to know this type of experience is available in Boston. I'm just sorry that we did not discover it earlier.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Couldn't dream of a better meal and experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It really couldn't have been any better. The food was incredible and perfectly matched by the service. I'm glad that I chose L'Espalier to propose to my fiancee, it couldn't have been better and the whole experience provided by the team there was unbeatable. I just wish they'd travel to England and provide my wedding catering...!

• Visited July 2013
NY/NJ
“This was a wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was a wonderful experience, made such by the overall service and our server, Shah. From the greeting in the lobby to the attention to detail table side, service was excellent. The amuse bouche that were served were incredible. The wine list is daunting but the sommelier was helpful. We did the three course price fixed menu. My tuna started was fantastic and my beef tenderloin entree was just as enjoyable. Portions are just the right size, although at first you think it doesn't look like a lot but by the end of the meal, believe me, you're full. We substituted a cheese selection for dessert and when my daughter was undecided on dessert, both choices showed up (go for the bread pudding. It sounds pedestrian but it is royalty in dessert). Overall, the quality of the food, the attention to detail, the service, etc, etc made this a very enjoyable evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere