“Delicious breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mike's City Diner

Mike's City Diner
1714 Washington St, Boston, MA 02118-3307 (South End)
617-267-9393
Neighborhood: South End
Revere, Massachusetts
“Delicious breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our first time coming to Mike's City Diner, and we will definitely be back. Even though there was a line, we got seated pretty quickly. The food was delicious and came out quickly. The omelette was fantastic and the corned beef hash Benedict was delicious, there was nothing left on the plate.

Port Orange, Florida
“Loved the Breakfast at Mike's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were in town to visit friends and went to Mike's City Diner upon a recommendation. They do not disappoint! Everything tasted great and the service is fast. We were there 10:30 on a Sunday morning, so it was a 20 minute wait for a table. The food was worth the wait.

I had the giant omlette with spinach and tomatoes, grits and raisen toast. Hubby had home made hash with eggs. Everything was delicious!

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It was my friend's last day in the USA for a long time and so a bunch of friends got together and we let him pick a spot for his last brunch/breakfast in the USA ever. He picked Mike's. I had heard a lot about it, all good things, and I heard it was featured on the Food Network TV show , Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, so needless to say my expectations were pretty high. My expectation was even more cemented when we had to wait for 20 minutes (the line was out the door, and they don't take reservations) on a Sunday morning at 10:30am.

We decided to sit at the bar because we didn't want to wait for a table. The breakfast is pretty standard of a diner which was fine. It's pretty cheap too considering the portions are big. I wasn't that hungry so I had chocolate chip pancakes. Which is pretty standard. No way to mess those up. They were good, I've had better but not bad. The coffee was delicious, better than most diner coffees I've had.

I do have to give a shout out to the wait staff. They were AMAZING. They brought our party of 5 water without us asking. And every time we needed something they would bring it to us as soon as we realized we wanted it. It was like they could read our minds!

I do realize that I wasn't blown away by the pancakes, but I might go back and reevaluate once I try something like eggs benedict.

P.S THIS IS A CASH ONLY DINER. I totally forgot to bring cash so I had to use the ATM in the diner which charges a $2 ATM fee.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Amazing breakfasts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went to Mikes based on a guidebook recommendation and weren't disappointed.
The breakfasts, service and prices are all brilliant.
Free coffee refills! I went for the 'emergency room' breakfast and it was more food than I eat in a week, the plates are massive!
The staff are friendly and attentive, love this place!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Standard diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

If you are looking for a no-frills Sunday morning breakfast / brunch, this is the place to go. The menu is simple (unlike some of the other higher-end brunch restaurants in the neighborhood), but everything is well executed. You would think something fried eggs, hash browns and bacon is a pretty simple thing to make, but apparently it isn't for some places. You have to get here early though (I try and go around 8 AM), otherwise the line gets prohibitively long. And when you are hungover and in dire need of something greasy, waiting an hour doesn't make it feel any better.

• Visited September 2013