“Great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of California Pizza Kitchen - CLOSED

California Pizza Kitchen
137 Stuart St, Boston, MA 02116 (Downtown)
617-720-0999
Neighborhood: Downtown
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Really nice restaurant, and very friendly staff. Great value meal we had 1 starter 2 mains and 1 dessert for $30 (portions were really good so plenty for 2 people) think this offer is on Mon - Thur
really great would recommend.

Visited September 2013

Key West, Florida
“Excellent Pre-Theater Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We chose to eat here because we had theater tickets down the street and needed to get out in good time. We split a tasty spinach/artichoke dip. My partner was pleased with his flatbread, and because we had had a heavier meal earlier in the day, I had the Moroccan salad which was colorful and delicious, though I might have liked a bit more chicken in it. Since there's always room for dessert, we split a caramel sundae which was fine. Although it certainly is not a white-tablecloth place, I give it highest marks for service since it was perfection for what we needed: friendly, fairly unobtrusive, not rushing us but getting us in and out without my even having to open my mouth about our tickets! Since I've now been away from my former hometown long enough to be unsure of my pre-theater options, this will now be my "go to" place if I find myself in a similar situation again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Although a chain restaurant we were impressed by the fresh and tasty food, over 2 nights we had avocado rolls, tortilla spring rolls, pizza and salads, all was very fresh and tasty and far removed from the usual offerings of multiples. We received standout service from Amanda who was more than helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I would certainly recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Perfectly Located in the Food Court”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

After a trip to the public garden it was nice to find a restaurant that was in walking distance and wasn't a dunkin donuts or other fast food restaurant.

Located in the Transportation Building we first though our options were PF Changs (not with a half a dozen kids) or the food court. California Pizza Kitchen has a children's menu but I will warn you the portions are huge. We had 10 year olds that often order off regular menus not finish their meals. The food was good and up to CPK standards with fresh salads and made to order pizza.

The service was a bit slow but friendly and helpful.

Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Food was good, but the service was so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant was just down the street from our hotel on our family vacation. The food was good, but I felt that the service was just so-so.

My husband had ordered a salad as an appetizer, but they brought it at the same time as the meal. My son also asked for water - twice - and he finally brought it over after serving a whole bunch of other people. I could clearly see the drink station that he visited several times - he could have easily filled up a glass of water at the same time.

Things like that bother me - if you can't remember simple requests or have the courses brought on time, then why are you working there?

• Visited July 2013